Think Tank Photo Mirrorless Mover 20 Review

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I've been meaning to update this thread forever. Finally getting "round tuit". I'm still using this bag but now with a V2. This is a long-term follow-up.

The bag is used in two manners - one while in transit with everything inside and while shooting with the V2 in my hand with the wrist strap. While shooting I move the 10mm and 18.5mm where the V2 with a mounted 10-100 non-PD is stored. I never did replace the strap - the one supplied has been sufficient. Bag has withstood the rigors of frequent travel well. Partially I think because I tend to throw it inside a backpack while on a plane or train.

If I could make any design changes I would still want a small strap on the bottom to carry a mini-tripod, replace the belt strap with a pass through that fits over the handle of a rolling suitcase and be slightly wider so I could store the 18.5mm and 10mm in a similar manner to the 6.7-13mm and 32mm.

This is my current kit in the bag as used for transit:

MirrorlessMoverV2.jpg

Last edited:

crashton

Re: Think Tank Photo Mirrorless Mover 20 Review My 2 cents.....

Didn't buy the Mirrorless mover 20, but won one over on the Fuji Forum. :) I planned to use it for my XM-1 Fuji plus a couple of lenses. & it would have worked fine for that. Then I found a good deal on a V1 & already had a few lenses that I used with a J1. These fit in the bag perfectly. V1 10-30mm pd, 18.5mm, 10mm & 10-100mm non-pd. Spare battery SD card, remote & polarizer. Great bag & it only took me 3 years to get one. :shame:

PS The V1 has replaced my XM-1 as my small camera. Back with a Nikon.....

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

Didn't buy the Mirrorless mover 20, but won one over on the Fuji Forum. :) I planned to use it for my XM-1 Fuji plus a couple of lenses. & it would have worked fine for that. Then I found a good deal on a V1 & already had a few lenses that I used with a J1. These fit in the bag perfectly. V1 10-30mm pd, 18.5mm, 10mm & 10-100mm non-pd. Spare battery SD card, remote & polarizer. Great bag & it only took me 3 years to get one. :shame:

PS The V1 has replaced my XM-1 as my small camera. Back with a Nikon.....

I saw you won the MM20 - lucky dog! Congrats!

FWIW I'm using a MM25i with my X-T1, 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200. I'm saving a review for a "special project".... :cool:

crashton

I saw you won the MM20 - lucky dog! Congrats!

FWIW I'm using a MM25i with my X-T1, 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200. I'm saving a review for a "special project".... :cool:

I'll be looking for your review. I love my old beat to death Domke bags, but the think Tank MM is such a nice piece of kit.

How are you enjoying the 18-135 Fuji zoom. You bought it 10 minutes before me. You are forgiven if you give me a short review. LOL! :playful:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod

How are you enjoying the 18-135 Fuji zoom. You bought it 10 minutes before me. You are forgiven if you give me a short review. LOL! :playful:

I like the 18-135 a lot. Haven't had an opportunity to get out with it. It is big when compared to the 18-55 but sits nicely on the X-T1. No surprise with the focal length and weather sealing. I intend to use it like I did my 18-200 w/ the D300 or 28-300 w/ the D800E - for times I can't easily change lenses or to take advantage of the weather sealing. The 18-55 is so good that I know it will be my most used lens. I'm kind of hoping to eventually get Laurie to use the X-E2 with the 18-135.

crashton

Thanks Eduard, I'm thinking one would be a good 18-200 replacement also. Seems like a nice travel lens to me. I really like the 18-55 lens, a very nice kit lens although I wish it went out 75mm or so. Fuji makes some great glass.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Eduard, I'm thinking one would be a good 18-200 replacement also. Seems like a nice travel lens to me. I really like the 18-55 lens, a very nice kit lens although I wish it went out 75mm or so. Fuji makes some great glass.

Similar price used is the XF 55-200. Different uses but tough choice. Agree on the glass, I'm very impressed.