Portrait advice

Dangerspouse

Late to the party with this - sorry been awol.

Did you get this sorted @Dangerspouse?

Hey Kev, thanks very much for asking!

I am indeed starting to improve on my images a bit. A couple of new bits of kit are helping, and taking some advice here like pointing the umbrella light backwards has also had an effect. Really enjoying the journey here.

Thanks again!

ps. Where the hell HAVE you been, anyway? I miss seeing your pics!

kevy73

Hey Kev, thanks very much for asking!

ps. Where the hell HAVE you been, anyway? I miss seeing your pics!

Just been crazy busy - When Covid hit, I lost a lot of income due to cancellations, postponements etc - no different than anyone else, but so as to ease the burden, I went back to Full Time work too - hadn't done that since 2017....

I also started a 2nd wedding photography company where I am not the shooter. I was turning away between 40 and 50 weddings per year because I was already booked... I had a couple of photographer friends who I would recommend in my place, after seeing how many I was turning away, I asked those photographer friends to shoot for my company - they won't make as much as they were, but I will keep them busy... they all came onboard... so now I have Me, My other company Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. and working full time...

Busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest....

Dangerspouse

Congrats on the 2nd company. I wish you all the best with it, and hope not being hands-on allows you to get a little more sleep now! I love the WA Photographers website, btw. I can see why you're such a success :encouragement:

kevy73

Hopefully more sleep will come in time @Dangerspouse - at the moment, running Kevin McGinn Photographer, WA Photographers and working full time.

I am just looking forward to drinking beer on a Saturday afternoon! ha