D4 is Mind Blowing!

jay_dean

Thanks jay_dean. I do mostly wildlife, so there will be some cropping. Guess it is best to stay with crop sensor bodies. I should just ask you my questions,you always have a good answer. Thanks again.
Thanks for that ;). It depends how close you're getting to your subject. The D4 will crop quite well, so if you're relatively close then a D4 will suffice and will handle low light situations better. But many wildlife photogs (including myself) prefer the extra reach and higher MP gained from aps-c frames. I have compared side by side bird image shots with my D810 and D7200, my conclusion is the D7200 for birding, every time. Just my point of view

Iansky

Alas, I could not afford a D4 and the size/weight was prohibitive - I did go the alternative route and got a used DF with only 13K shutter count for a very good price. It has the D4/4s sensor ( alas not the AF) but delivers stunning IQ and is a dream to work with as I love the tactile dial setup.

This now works in tandem with my D500 and I agree with Sam, the 24-120 f4 is a stunning lens that delivers great quality images and even on the 500 works as a 36-180mm.