D4 is Mind Blowing!

Geoffc

It's negligible if anything. If I wanted a smaller image like the D7000 I would shoot with my D7100. I chose the D800 for the big image.

Defeats the purpose lets stay on track.

We don't buy a mustang and rip the v8 out and put a v6 in it and make it silent so it doesn't disturb granny. What sense does this really make?

None!

Sorry Corey, have I gone and let the facts get in the way of your self proclaimed "expert" opinion. I only stated the approach used by numerous respected commentators regarding ISO comparison between cameras.

I must admit I take the same approach as you and use my D70 for 6mp images, my D200 for 10mp, the D300 is great when 12mp is the order of the day and only when I absolutely need 36mp do I get the D800 out. Frankly I can't settle on one or two cameras either, but it looks impressive when I list them in responses.

And just before you get the spanners out, it's perfectly acceptable to go to the shops in the V8 mustang without swapping engines.

Corey @ Faymus Media

But back on track about the D4. Another thing I love is that the viewfinder is further back (sticking out from body) so my face don't touch the screen lol

Shooting 2 more weddings today with it and the D4 is pretty much the go to camera now. Love it.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Unfortunately I didn't get to play around much with the last d4 I got my hands on (CES/PMA 2012), but it was just crazy fast at being able to pick it up, focus, and shoot an incredible amount of pics.

btw, can you even buy one for under $6k? I see online stores have them in stock, but pretty much at list price. Although Amazon does throw in a free battery and 16gb XQD card/reader which are $312 alone.

Corey @ Faymus Media

Unfortunately I didn't get to play around much with the last d4 I got my hands on (CES/PMA 2012), but it was just crazy fast at being able to pick it up, focus, and shoot an incredible amount of pics.

btw, can you even buy one for under $6k? I see online stores have them in stock, but pretty much at list price. Although Amazon does throw in a free battery and 16gb XQD card/reader which are $312 alone.

I owned a D7000 for a few weeks before upgrading to a D7100 and the D7000 is 16mp just like the d4. I was expecting similar image quality as far as resolution.....nope. The D4 has better colors and details than the D7000.

It also has a better screen than the D800 also. The screen on the D7100 is slightly better in some ways tho.

All in all. The D4 just became king for my wedding shoots.

Corey @ Faymus Media

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369510327.904846.jpg

This is the beast!

Corey @ Faymus Media

So today I am shooting a Hindu engagement and the pressure is on to get the critical shots for the rituals! With the D4 I have no worries.

This beast churned out perfect shots like a leaf blower!!

Edit: forgot to add that the D4 is the most uncomfortable dslr while shooting vertical. It's horrible and hurts my hands. Does this make me not like the camera? Nope, still an amazing machine! The D7100 is the most comfortable dslr I have ever used for vertical shooting.

Last edited:

Corey @ Faymus Media

This is what is mindblowing about the D4. These images were shot on my street in the pitch black. These photos are way brighter than it looks outside my door. Here is 2 identical images one @ 6400 ISO and the other 12800 ISO.

d4_6400.jpgd4_12800.jpg

Corey @ Faymus Media

My D4 has slight spring feeling on the CF cover when I press down on it. Is this normal? Towards the end of the camera at the edge if I grip the camera the CF cover seems to push in lightly, almost like a spring action very slight.

Is this a defect?

Last edited:

Sambr

My D4 has slight spring feeling on the CF cover when I press down on it. Is this normal? Towards the end of the camera at the edge if I grip the camera the CF cover seems to push in lightly, almost like a spring action very slight.

Is this a defect?

Nope - mine is the same just a D4 quirk my friend's does exactly the same a little less play. I checked for light leakage( if light gets through so would dust & water) none nada. Just keep shooting the beast!

Corey @ Faymus Media

Nope - mine is the same just a D4 quirk my friend's does exactly the same a little less play. I checked for light leakage( if light gets through so would dust & water) none nada. Just keep shooting the beast!

This D4 is amazing! I ran into a video guy shooting with a big zacuto rig and a 5D Mark III. He was telling me how the camera is lowlight king, I said no it's not you haven't seen a D4.

At 6400 ISO 5D Mark III started to have some noise, and the footage was very soft. I showed him how sharp and amazing footage was on my D4 @ 12,800 ISO. His job dropped to the floor! Then he called over the owner of his video company and they both agreed you're going to buy a new D4...lol

Here is a pic of my camera bag exploding! No more room and I can't get the rest in. This is a big bag too. Lol the beast is at the top of bag finally taking a break after chewing up the low light.

uza6e6u8.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374191665.493123.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21374191665.493123.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Corey @ Faymus Media

That's alotta gear. :)

This D4 is amazing! I ran into a video guy shooting with a big zacuto rig and a 5D Mark III. He was telling me how the camera is lowlight king, I said no it's not you haven't seen a D4.

At 6400 ISO 5D Mark III started to have some noise, and the footage was very soft. I showed him how sharp and amazing footage was on my D4 @ 12,800 ISO. His job dropped to the floor! Then he called over the owner of his video company and they both agreed you're going to buy a new D4...lol

Here is a pic of my camera bag exploding! No more room and I can't get the rest in. This is a big bag too. Lol the beast is at the top of bag finally taking a break after chewing up the low light.

uza6e6u8.jpg

Yes indeed! Lol the 70-200 vr2 is below the air blower and I have the D7100 and flash units that will not fit in the bag haha.

Billy Y.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Billy Y.

Quick question, on the 1DX you can pick your fps, (suposedly according to my Canon budy), anywhere from 1 to 12 fps. Is this also an option on the D$? oops i mean D4. lol, what kinda beer was he drinking?