Brian the Snail

PaulBoyoWhite

I know it not brilliant by any stretch and the focus is not its best but I was filling the water on the car and this little fella was on the bonnet/hood.
I popped him on a sheet of glass an took a few shots .
I am new to all this and am mostly using auto but this is set in close up
using a kit 18mm to 55mm lens with a 10x filter on the end

My reason for liking this personaly is that he turned and struck a pose Ie decided he liked the smell and was about to attemp a climb onto the camera .
I would print this myself as i like ithttp://www.flickr.com/photos/57024139@N02/8019065095/in/photostream

Attachments

• SNAIL.jpg
    SNAIL.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Scott Murray

Great capture and story, the main thing when taking photos is to be happy with what you get and you have achieved this. Great work.

PaulBoyoWhite

I love the photo, shame his lil'eyes aren't in focus. Apparently I ate a few raw as a toddler :fatigue:

Yes I agree unfortunatly it took me all my time to get it to focus at all .im not getting it all yet.
unfortunately I work full time on long shifts and dont get much time to actually sit and do what i want in order to learn .

Somersetscott

Don't worry :-D slow and steady wins the race

I'll see if I can take a photo of one of Brian's cousins next time I see one and see how I get on - I doupt mine will be better.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Photowyzard

I love the photo, shame his lil'eyes aren't in focus. Apparently I ate a few raw as a toddler :fatigue:

I ate a lot cooked as an adult! :disgust:

LOL

RAW!! OMG

Well, we had friends over once with their little toddler. She was crawling on the floor.

We hear crunch crunch crunch.

She is all over the dog kibble having a field day! Must have tasted pretty good!

=:[]

Somersetscott

Haha, I think I'd rather eat a snail than dog food :eek: haha children are funny creatures..

Snails eyes are on the longest stalks and do acctually have a visable pupils, I imagen these slimey subjects are quite difficult to capture in hi detail.

Another random few facts - they have over 2000 teeth and are hermaphrodites (both male and female genitalia) but still need another snail to swap 'goods' with to mate, that itself is done through one of the air holes/breathing holes behind the head..

I was a bug geek as a kid.. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2