Howdy from Oklahoma

Dave9072

Hey all,

Just recently decided to explore photography as a serious hobby and have been trying out several DLSR camera's over the past few months - trying to pick the one that really connects with me. Started with a Canon T2i, then a 60D, then a 7D and then a very brief go with a 5D MkII. All great cameras, but none of them really hit all the marks. The 5D MkII was the best, but way to expensive in the long run and the 7D was by far the most frustrating. Never really looked at Nikon until I picked up a D5100 a week or so ago while I was cruising a Best Buy. Snapped a couple of test shots and realized something's different here. Moved down the display and picked up a D7000 and knew right away it was a match. The sales guy and I walked around the store taking some real photos with one and I couldn't believe how naturally the camera fit (compared to a 7D) and how awesome the photos were. Decided to think on it a bit and do some research and finally ordered a D7000 18-200mm kit with a 35mm f/1.8 thrown in for good measure. Anyway, the camera arrived yesterday and I'm having a blast learning the ins and outs. Hope to get out and start taking some shots around the area this weekend. So far, I'm one happy camper. :cool:

Anyway, like I said I'm really just getting started so I hope you guys don't mind if I hang out, learn what I can and ask a question or two along the way.

Dave

Scott Murray

Hey Dave welcome, I for one am glad Nikon won out over Canon (no contest really) :) feel free to ask as many questions as needed here. They are all very knowledgable. Cant wait to see some photos posted up from your new camera.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum, Dave, and congratulations on your new purchase! Looking forward to seeing your work . . . have fun!

Dave9072

Thanks for the welcome all. Glad to see a number of Okies hanging around :)

Let's see if I can figure out how to post a photo. Well its not much for a first photo post, but the subject of the photo was very important at 4am :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Cup.jpg
    Cup.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 56