Hi!

Dogwdranch

I'm new to the forum. My first darkroom 50 years ago this year. Although I have a D90, I'm old school. Graphic View, Speed Graphic, Mamiya 330s, Nikkormat el, Nikon F4s. Interested in alternative, wet plate, etc.

That's me...sounds like a personals ad or a job application

Nikon Photographer

Welcome !

I also had the Mamiya 330s with a nice 105mm lens, cracking camera, also had a very nice darkroom using Jobo processors, and a Jobo enlarger using Nikkor lenses, sadly that has long gone .... I got to busy and had to out source all my developing to a pro' lab.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum Dogwranch. We probably had our first darkroom around the same years. Isn't it fun to be able to work in front of the computer instead of in the total dark? If digital hadn't come around, I'm not sure I'd still be involved.

Enjoy your Nikon!

Dusker

I too remember the dark room. Husband used to take B&W rodeo and horse show shots with his 2 Nikkormats FT2s hanging around his neck. We would rush back to the back room of our saddlery store and process and print proofs for ordering at the next rodeo/show. Even tried the colour bit with a couple of weddings, never again! Digital indeed makes life a little easier and indeed cheaper. Only negative maybe is we are inclined to blast away and then are left with delete, delete, delete. Still have the old work horses--the FT2s I mean.
Have only joined recently myself and finding my way around. Enjoy.

Photowyzard

A warm welcome to Nikonites, Dogwdranch. I started in a B&W darkroom over 35 years ago. Loved every minute of it. In fact, I miss it, but I am not sure I would go back.

Still have my old equipment, have to get it out of my parents house!

I also own a D90, wonderful, solid, reliable camera! Look forward to seeing some of your images posted.