Golden Gate Bridge (night shot)

thoang77

My first try at long-exposure night photography. I'm really thrilled with the results.

Golden Gate Bridge Final copy.jpg

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3100
Lens: 18.0-55.0 mm f/3.5-5.6 VR
Focal Length: 18mm (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
Aperture: f/9
Exposure Time: 13.000 s
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Macintosh)

My main question is whether or not there's a noticeable amount of processing or not, but also any criticism towards the photo would be appreciated!

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
My first try at long-exposure night photography. I'm really thrilled with the results.

My main question is whether or not there's a noticeable amount of processing or not, but also any criticism towards the photo would be appreciated!

I think it is ok. Given that it shows most of the city and bridge since it is normally foggy when I used to visit that place. What kind of tripod are you using? It look a little soft to me and that might have been caused by the wind or unstable support.

Try it during the "blue hour" to give it some color.

Photowyzard

I don't mind the composition too much, nor the colour. My only critique would be it is a soft image. A little sharper would make it much better.

Eye-level

Banned
He is on the 18 side of a kit lens shooting a 13 second exposure what is the iso? There is your softness probably. Equipment does matter in certain situations. I haven't tested my 18-55...yet...but I know one thing when I do it will be in the daylight.

I don't care what a lens is or how fast it is or what it's IQ is or whatever...every lens has it's limits. You can only expect so much.

What is good about this photo? He is pushing the limits of the lens...that is an admirable quality in a photographer right there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. :)

Last edited: