Hi from a Dslr newb

PaulBoyoWhite

Hi my name is Paul.I am originaly from Swansea in the Uk but I now live up North as they say.
I have just moved from my point and click to a Nikon D3100 Dslr with the standard kit 18mm - 50mm lens.
I will eventually venture into adding to it but for now I will use just this until I have worked out what it is I am doing.

I look forward to learning,meeting and commenting here.

Paul

dont add to your lens collection and hump it around the world changing lenses in the rain ...sell it and get a 18-200 sigma Vr and live a happy life...always use P mode rather than Auto set your minimum shutter speed to say 1/15 (if you have VR) and iso at 100-3200 and let it get on with it .

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Paul. Your 18-55 is a good lens to start with. Eventually you will acquire more lenses as your tastes change and grow. Meanwhile, have fun taking snaps. :)

Mr.Smith

Hi Paul

Welcome to the site, new to this myself(got my camera late in july) And already learnt a lot from this site. Great bunch here friendly and critical at the same time. Exactly what we need while we are "learning" as they say.

How far up north are you, Aberdeen here.

Karl

Patrick M

Welcome. I've been here a while and I never stop learning!

Looking forward to seeing what you can do

:)

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD