Photography and Guns

Eye-level

Banned
Isn't it strange how so many photography terms are related to guns?

We "shoot" photographs by "cocking" and "firing" the shutter (film wise at least now we have lasers haha) We have to "aim" our cameras at the subject. We have to "load" film (at least we used to)

miknoypinoy

Heres some photography and guns. . . Lol. My son loves the terminator movies as you can see. An air soft gun and some photoshop made this a fun "SHOOT". Lol. . .

http://
illbeback.jpg

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
OK it is evident that a lot of the terminology is the same. Why and how do you suppose that is? My F2 reminds me of a Colt 45 and my D5000 reminds me of a Glock. Why??? Is it because they are both so similar with regard to pointing and shooting at a specific thing?

BTW I know of at least one person who used to be an avid hunter of all sorts of animals for many years. About 15 or 20 years ago he gave hunting them with guns and started making photo albums of his "trophies". He told me that the photography is much more fulfilling than the kill.

AC016

Well, Nikon is owned my Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi produces military weapons - not sure if they make rifles/handguns. Also, Nikon produces rifle scopes. Therefore, Nikon does have some relation to firearms. But then again, i think the terms are just interchangeable. Load the film, load the magazine/clip, load of laundry, buy a load for a mobile phone, etc. Aim your camera, aim your gun, aim your **** when you pee, you have good aim when you throw ____, etc. Shoot your gun, shoot pictures, shoot a hockey puck (he shoots he scores), nice shot (in golf, hockey...), he is shooting under par, etc. I'm thinking alot of the terms had their origins before guns. But then again, i am just an unarmed Canadian with healthcare, lol :)

Eye-level

Banned
Yes and the average Canadian is now wealthier than the average American (by a decent margin too) which is another good reason for me to move to Canada - it would improve my standard of living! :)

Wouldn't that be crazy if Americans had to start crossing the border into Canada to do the jobs you guys don't want to do? LOL The way things are going for many folks down here I don't really think that is such a far fetched idea.

AC016

Yes and the average Canadian is now wealthier than the average American (by a decent margin too) which is another good reason for me to move to Canada - it would improve my standard of living! :)

Wouldn't that be crazy if Americans had to start crossing the border into Canada to do the jobs you guys don't want to do? LOL

Crossing the border for jobs is already happening;) I will do most any job to put a roof over my families head and food on the table. I have a storage area at my place if you want? lol:)

TedG954

Wouldn't that be crazy if Americans had to start crossing the border into Canada to do the jobs you guys don't want to do? LOL The way things are going for many folks down here I don't really think that is such a far fetched idea.

I'd never do it...... it would take too long to learn the language.

fotojack

Some Americans are under the impression that half of this country speaks French. Not so! There is only ONE province that is French and that is the province of Quebec. The rest of the country is English. Quebec is in the eastern portion of Canada.