Hello from South Africa

Krystal

Howzit everyone,

I'm brand new to the technical aspects of photography, but have loved taking point and shoots of everything around me for years. Recently made the jump to a dSLR and it's time to learn about what makes a good photo and how to get it.

Joined for the photo critique section and hoping to learn lots from you guys. Also, very cool to have weekly challenges. As soon as I saw that yesterday, I ran outside to catch the last bits of light for a submission.

Thanks all,
Krystal

Krystal

My aunts stays in parow / strand.

Rig specs : camera / lens / flash / tripod etc etc

Ah, Strand is just across the bay from my favorite beach. I'll have to get a pic for you.

Rig specs: just got a basic kit D3100 with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses, have a lightweight hama tripod for now, and off to the store soon for a cable release

Krystal

Thanks all for the welcome.

@billyboybad, Strand is over there to the right. not the best pic - it was a hazy day.

strand.jpg

SamSpade1941

Howzit everyone,

I'm brand new to the technical aspects of photography, but have loved taking point and shoots of everything around me for years. Recently made the jump to a dSLR and it's time to learn about what makes a good photo and how to get it.

Joined for the photo critique section and hoping to learn lots from you guys. Also, very cool to have weekly challenges. As soon as I saw that yesterday, I ran outside to catch the last bits of light for a submission.

Thanks all,
Krystal

Hallo Krystal Ek hoop dat jy goed is.Dit is baie lekker om jou te ontmoet en ek sien uit daarna om te sien jou pragtige fotografie

I hope I said that right, I actually can speak Afrikaans much better than I type it. I have many dear friends whom I worked with for years who are from RSA and Rhodesia that I still correspond with via the net and talk to on occasion. I look forward to seeing your works and there are many wonderful people on here.

Cheers. :)

Krystal

Hallo Krystal Ek hoop dat jy goed is.Dit is baie lekker om jou te ontmoet en ek sien uit daarna om te sien jou pragtige fotografie

I hope I said that right, I actually can speak Afrikaans much better than I type it. I have many dear friends whom I worked with for years who are from RSA and Rhodesia that I still correspond with via the net and talk to on occasion. I look forward to seeing your works and there are many wonderful people on here.

Cheers. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I don't speak a word of Afrikaans, but ndithetha isiXhosa kancinci. :)