Hello from DaveB

DaveB

Hi peoples, I am new to the world of Nikon, upgrading from a bridge camera of another make...

Still on the learning curve but finding the controls surprisingly easy to handle - except one, how does one turn off the bleep!? I work in the local archives and bleeps are somewhat frowned upon. Nothing in the little handbook, nothing I found in the SETUP menu and can't seem to find it in the .pdf manual either (but what is it called, which synonym of "bleep" do I search on?)

Otherwise, apart from being a bit annoyed with necessity for the fiddly, eminently losable and ridiculously expensive to replace eyepiece cover, I feel that I am going to like this camera!

Rick M

Dave,

Welcome to Nikonites!

In the custom menu, go to d, shooting/display, select that and in the sub-menu you will find "beep", change as desired.

DaveB

It's me again, already.

OK, found my solution to turning off the bleep - should have looked for "Beep". One letter made an "L" of a difference! Not in the menu I expected either - but never mind.

DaveB

Thanks for the welcome guys. I cross posted with you cnram but thanks for the advice!

I am sure there will be other questions but I may have more time to read over some other threads by then.