Anyone Selling The D7000 With 18-300

pedroj

I think it [18-300mm] will sell for About 1K...If you want 300mm you would get better IQ and images from a prime for not a lot more dollars...

Dave_W

The Dude
I am not asking for opinions on the lens.

Well, I was going to stay out of this thread until I read this line and now I feel it's time to give my opinion. A "do-it-all" lens the perfect lens to do more things poorly than any other lens can. Might as well save the money and buy a point and shoot.

Rick M

Funny thing about the Nikon instant rebates and bundle discounts is they sometimes don't make sense . They started discounting the D7000 while it was out of stock everywhere for months.

Same thing with new or high demand lenses, offering discounts and rebates on something you can't get at full price? What is also amazing is why do this when people are waiting to pay full price for it?

Based on that you could see it tommorrow or never!

Red Rover

Well, I was going to stay out of this thread until I read this line and now I feel it's time to give my opinion. A "do-it-all" lens the perfect lens to do more things poorly than any other lens can. Might as well save the money and buy a point and shoot.

Thanks for the ridiculous reply that does not answer my question. Guess I'll just stay with a point and shoot.

Thanks cnyram for staying on point.

Anyone else needing to bash the lens need not waste keystrokes since I have the info I need.

pedroj

Thanks for the ridiculous reply that does not answer my question. Guess I'll just stay with a point and shoot.

Thanks cnyram for staying on point.

Anyone else needing to bash the lens need not waste keystrokes since I have the info I need.

Trying to be helpful and cop a load of crap...Thanks Rover

Geoffc

a jack-of-all trades lens, avoid!

Thats a rather glib statement and doesn't really help with the question in any way. It might not be as good as primes or fast glass but it is a good general purpose lens. The 18-200 is really popular with people who also have a bag of nice glass because it's versatile, compact and takes very acceptable images. Great for days out and travelling light. I love the images from my 70-200vrii lens, but it doesn't go with me for general walkabout stuff, my 18-200 is for that.This is just an even more useful general purpose lens.

The 18-300 is a bit bigger so it would not appeal to me as much but I can understand if someone wanted that whole range covering in one package.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It probably will and/or take a while for Nikon to offer such a package (D7000+18-300).

The 18-300 is still so new that some stores don't even have it yet. Usually, when thing come in a package, it's because the stocks are high. Since the Tsunami last year and the flooding in Thailand, the supply of D7000 got low. I believe it's just getting back to normal in stores now.

So if you do want the D7000 with the 18-300, you'd have to go in a store and negotiate. They probably won't budge much since both are still in high demand.

Best of luck.

AC016

Funny thing about the Nikon instant rebates and bundle discounts is they sometimes don't make sense . They started discounting the D7000 while it was out of stock everywhere for months.

Same thing with new or high demand lenses, offering discounts and rebates on something you can't get at full price? What is also amazing is why do this when people are waiting to pay full price for it?

Based on that you could see it tommorrow or never!

Seems like Nikon announces stuff and then makes people wait to get their hands on it. I have heard that Canon is a bit better at getting their new stuff out there a bit faster. I don't think you will see this lense bundled with a D7k for a while. But then again, you never know. When you see bundles in the store, i am not totally sure if that is a result of the stores decision alone or a joint decision by Nikon and the store? Anyone know the facts?