Anyone Selling The D7000 With 18-300

AC016

a jack-of-all trades lens, avoid!

I would not say "avoid". I would say do your research first and test them out, if you can. Of course the all-in-one will have to sacrfiice certain aspects to make it an all-in-one, but not everyone can afford to buy every focal length in a prime lens and not everyone wants to walk around with a bunch of equipment. Walking around all day with your camera bag and camera around your neck is no fun. The ability to take photos with a good camera should not be a cardio-vascular excercise. I just came back from a trip and i would have loved to have had an 18-270 or 18-300. That would have meant one camera, one lens. Not a fully loaded camera bag and a camera around my neck all day. Again, it is supposed to be enjoyable, not weight training and this is where a 18-300 comes in. Further, to have people say that the guy should just stick with a p&s is very insulting. Just because the guy wants to travel light when he is out and about, does not constitute telling him that a DSLR is not for him. I was served with the same words when i inquired about an 18-270 and it is such a stupid remark. The ability to carry around one camera with one lens is pure common sense when you are going to carry it around with you ALL day.

co2jae

Well, I was going to stay out of this thread until I read this line and now I feel it's time to give my opinion. A "do-it-all" lens the perfect lens to do more things poorly than any other lens can. Might as well save the money and buy a point and shoot.......from Mojo

Seems you won't be using your 70-300 mm listed in your bio. How about saving me some money and sending it to me.....

Last edited:

Dooku77

Well, I was going to stay out of this thread until I read this line and now I feel it's time to give my opinion. A "do-it-all" lens the perfect lens to do more things poorly than any other lens can. Might as well save the money and buy a point and shoot.......from Mojo

Seems you won't be using your 70-300 mm listed in your bio. How about saving me some money and sending it to me.....

Or send it to me an I can drive it up to you in VT since I'm right in CT lol