D300 picture review problem "bush, shrub"

adamtytus

94eb319c32e87885.jpg

When I enter the preview mode that happens (after about on hundrets second)

I've tried:

Updating firmware to the newest
2-button reset
Formatting CF card
Changeing to the other CF card (it has pictures from D700 - image preview is wrong as well
Pulling the battery out
Changeing lens
Takeing pictures without lens

The preview mode that shows 4 or more pictures a time works ok.
The problem appears when previewing just one picture
Images downloaded to the computer are OK!

Please help

westmill

Banned
I would have said the LCD screen has gone faulty except for the fact it works when in multi pic veiwing.
This is obviously a software fault rather than hardware. Im surprised that Downloading new software didnt fix it.
It obviously needs to go into your nearest nikon service centre. Its possable that the new download just added features
as opposed to a full new download. I would have also suggested maybe the download was possably corrupted.
Except again, it seems as if it was at fault before your new recent download. The only thing I can think of is trying
another full download. Ive seen plenty of LCD screens pack up, but never one that opperates in other modes.
I would expect if it was the LCD screen had gone, then it wouldnt be able to show anything in any mode.
Thats what makes me think it has to be a software problem.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Which body do you have? Did you by chance download the wrong firmware (D300 for the D300s or vice versa)?

adamtytus

Thanks for replies. I've tried downloading and installing the firmware again. It's the newest that is possible for my body - D300 (without S)
It didn't work.

The problem appeared after takeing 4 thousand pictures, the body has only 15
The body didn't fall down or sth.

One thing is strange, after takeing few pictures I can review them, separetly, maximise and so on. Just like it was before, when body worked properly.
But when I turn the camera off and on the problem appears.

Do You have any other ideas?

westmill

Banned
This is an odd one. Im fresh out of thoughts on this one.
The only thing left to try is to remove battery, charge it fully, set camera back to factory settings and keep your fingers crossed.
After that, if it still doesnt work, it seems its going need to go to nikon :(

adamtytus

I'll try to do what You wrote once again, with a different battery.
Maby my gives too little voltage for image rendering or sth.
Such a guess because there's one picutre that I can view, but I cannot maximise it. A proppt appears "You cannot zoom into on this picture" :eek:

Last edited: