G'day from Darwin

Scott Murray

Hey all just thought I would say a quick hello from Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia.

I own a Nikon D80 and have only just recently upgraded to a Nikon D800. I have numerous lenses and filters.

Last edited:

Scott Murray

Thanks Laura, I am still getting my head around my new D800 (which is not in product list for profile). But am enjoying it so far. I had a quick browse and I must say the "Challenges" sound very interesting and I look forward to trying my hand at them.

Cheers

Scott

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi Scott. Welcome to the forum. That is a huge leap from D80 to D800. I'm sure you are enjoying the wider field of view if you are also interested in landscape photography. Don't be shy to ask if you have any questions.

I've been to Darwin several times during our port visits. It is a small town but plenty of outdoor activities. :)

Scott Murray

Hi Scott. Welcome to the forum. That is a huge leap from D80 to D800. I'm sure you are enjoying the wider field of view if you are also interested in landscape photography. Don't be shy to ask if you have any questions.

I've been to Darwin several times during our port visits. It is a small town but plenty of outdoor activities. :)

Hi Glenn and thank you for the welcome.
I do like landscape photography, actually I am willing to try anything and am currently looking into solar photography.

My kit lens from my D80 is a DX format so unfortunately I am missing out on a lot of the framed shot, luckily the D800 has a cropped setting and I still can get great pics from it. I am currently looking for a FX lens that will cover from 12/14 - 50mm.

Yes there are a lot of out door things to do in Darwin and with my roster (week on week off) I get plenty of time to enjoy it. We are currently in the dry season so the weather is superb ;)