Recently Retired

bobmielke

Richard is the father of my best friend, Warren. Within weeks of this portrait he retired as an automotive mechanic for Ford. I think you can see the joy in his expression.

Richard-2010-L.jpg

Richard-Exif-L.jpg

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I've been wanting to retire also but I still have two kids that are still in School. Maybe a few more years or whenever Uncle Sam decides to kick me out. :)

bobmielke

I've been wanting to retire also but I still have two kids that are still in School. Maybe a few more years or whenever Uncle Sam decides to kick me out. :)

I was laid off from Intel when they decided to shut down an old fab. The bonuses related to that unique situation caused me to consider early retirement. I don't regret the decision. My last day of work was June 26, 2010.

Eye-level

Banned
Ford is not owned by the government...I bet Warren's dad is so much happier than the GM guys!...

Great picture Bob...maybe if you could move him over to the left a little bit it might be better for me...LOL

bobmielke

Ford is not owned by the government...I bet Warren's dad is so much happier than the GM guys!...

Great picture Bob...maybe if you could move him over to the left a little bit it might be better for me...LOL

Richard needed double knee replacement because of his job. His medical coverage paid for it just before he retired. It was all well planned.

I'll stick with my existing composition as his eyes are need the 2/3 intersection in both directions. I also like my lighting with the present composition.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
They worked together man come on that is simple! Read the thread a little closer...plus remember Bob is recently transplanted to the Portland area likely due to his job so it follows he'd make friends of the folks who were readily available eg. co workers... ;)

Please let's not psychoanalyze Bob by the age of his friends...it's about a portrait...and the lighting IS pretty damn good BTW!

Me...I don't have any friends and I have been living in the same place most all of my life...LOL

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
No psycho analysis here Jeff (although I did minor in Abnormal Psychology! :)) Just something that caught my attention is all. Heck! Talk about age differences....one day I hope when I grow up I'm like Dick Van Dyke: My Hero

bluenoser

Banned
Dick Van Dyke is like Seinfeld dude...old hat, out of fashion, and definately overrated...

Well yeah...he's 86. I'm sure he was a bigger deal in the 60s. 2012 - not so much. Although I did like him when he guest-stared in a Colombo episode back in the 70s. Anyway, I'll take your word for it Joe Hollywood. :)

bluenoser

Banned

bluenoser

Banned
I really apologize for muddling up your thread Bob but I ain't gonna listen to this kind of crap and not call it out...

Crap?

Uh-okay. (at least I know the difference between a DX and an FX lens :rolleyes:).

You da man Jeff.

I have NO idea what go your so riled up. Cripes - relax buddy.

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
At first I thought you were joking....

I'll just leave this alone now...I don't know where you are coming from.

Sorry Bob for this thread becoming a train wreck. I had no idea Dick Van Dyke was such a polarizing person in Oklahoma.

bobmielke

I'm confused. Your best friend is 31? (As Seinfeld would say: not that there's anything wrong with that...) No offense but I'm thinking you're much closer to Warren's father's age?

PS. Nice picture of Richard by the way. :)

I'm 62, Warren's father is 66 and Warren is 31. I met Warren at work at Intel 5 years ago. We had a lot in common so we started hanging together. I taught him how to ride motorcycles and got him interested in photography. We both are computer geeks. His parents have become good friends as well, inviting me to join them for holiday celebrations. We also hit the road as a laughable version of the "Wild Hogs", covering long distances to a scenic location or good restaurant. Living in the Pacific Northwest we don't care about the rain during rides. Warren & I have ridden 250 miles one way to Seattle, WA just for pizza. We rode to Fortuna, CA for fried rice and a sport touring motorcycle rally. Along the way we rode the "Highway of the Giants". Great photos there! It's all good.

Now that Warren's dad, an avid biker, has retired, he goes for rides with his son all over the West. They've been on 4,000 mile camping trips to the tip of California, Nevada, Colorado and back twice. We have much fun together. Is this TMI? LOL

Warren & his folks - A motorcycle family

493243088_iGqku-L.jpg

Me with my little toy

454954719_XwxLP-L.jpg

Last edited: