Recently Retired

bluenoser

Banned
I'm 62, Warren's father is 66 and Warren is 31. I met Warren at work at Intel 5 years ago. We had a lot in common so we started hanging together. I taught him how to ride motorcycles and got him interested in photography. We both are computer geeks. His parents have become good friends as well, inviting me to join them for holiday celebrations. We also hit the road as a laughable version of the "Wild Hogs", covering long distances to a scenic location or good restaurant. Living in the Pacific Northwest we don't care about the rain during rides. Warren & I have ridden 250 miles one way to Seattle, WA just for pizza. We rode to Fortuna, CA for fried rice and a sport touring motorcycle rally. Along the way we rode the "Highway of the Giants". Great photos there! It's all good.

Now that Warren's dad, an avid biker, has retired, he goes for rides with his son all over the West. They've been on 4,000 mile camping trips to the tip of California, Nevada, Colorado and back twice. We have much fun together. Is this TMI? LOL

Bob I think that's awesome! Although it wasn't necessary of course, I really appreciate you sharing the background of your friendship with Warren and his family.

LOL! I honestly wasn't trying to cause offense to you (or to Jeff) with my original question.:eek: Great friends are very difficult to come by and there are no set rules as to who they might end up being! I'm just one of these people that if I see or read something that I want to know more about I'm just going to post a question about it - not a loaded question - not a judgmental question - just a question. I think the way others react to it says more about them that it does about me but that's just my opinion (oops, there I go again! LOL!)

Really cool looking bike you've got there Bob! Maybe you and Peter Fonda could join your little "gang" of Easy Riders. :)

Again, I hope I didn't offend you Bob and thanks again for your kind and generous response.

PS. Jeff - no hard feelings I hope. Life's too short man. :)

bobmielke

Bob I think that's awesome! Although it wasn't necessary of course, I really appreciate you sharing the background of your friendship with Warren and his family.

LOL! I honestly wasn't trying to cause offense to you (or to Jeff) with my original question.:eek: Great friends are very difficult to come by and there are no set rules as to who they might end up being! I'm just one of these people that if I see or read something that I want to know more about I'm just going to post a question about it - not a loaded question - not a judgmental question - just a question. I think the way others react to it says more about them that it does about me but that's just my opinion (oops, there I go again! LOL!)

Really cool looking bike you've got there Bob! Maybe you and Peter Fonda could join your little "gang" of Easy Riders. :)

Again, I hope I didn't offend you Bob and thanks again for your kind and generous response.

PS. Jeff - no hard feelings I hope. Life's too short man. :)

Shoot, it takes more than that to piss me off.

fotojack

Being an old biker myself, and having owned everything from Triumphs back in the 60's, Harleys in the 70's, and Gold Wings from the 80's to early 90's, I really relate to your post, Bob. Brought back a lot of good memories when I used to go for a ride to anywhere at the drop of a hat. :) I was a member of the Retreads Club and the Gold Wing Road Riders Assoc. for many years, among other motorcycle clubs. Nice to see you're still riding, Bob. I wish I was. :)

By the way...I'm 64.and looking forward to collecting my Old Age Pension in 9 months! LOL :)

Last edited:

bobmielke

Being an old biker myself, and having owned everything from Triumphs back in the 60's, Harleys in the 70's, and Gold Wings from the 80's to early 90's, I really relate to your post, Bob. Brought back a lot of good memories when I used to go for a ride to anywhere at the drop of a hat. :) I was a member of the Retreads Club and the Gold Wing Road Riders Assoc. for many years, among other motorcycle clubs. Nice to see you're still riding, Bob. I wish I was. :)

By the way...I'm 64.and looking forward to collecting my Old Age Pension in 9 months! LOL :)

I've slowed down a lot in the past 3 years. When I lost my last job I had to return the big Triumph to the finance company. They easily recovered the money I still owed on it so there was no negative affect to my credit. They referred to it aas a "voluntary repossession". I kept my Piaggio BV250 scooter as cheap transportation. It gets 72mpg and will do 70 on the interstate. I still ride it as if it were a regular motorcycle. Its larger wheels & wheelbase makes it handle like a motorcycle at highway speeds. I still routinely take it out for 200 mile jaunts.

Eye-level

Banned
I apologize to everyone and mostly to you James and Bob...my only excuse is the weather is getting nice and the tempo at work has all of a sudden became hellish and I ain't adapting to it very well at all because it has been a long lazy winter for me...so again I'm sorry for the havoc...today was probably even worse but I have a six pack of PBRs tonight! :)

I used to ride the crap out of dirtbikes until my 30s when I began to realize that I don't heal up nearly as fast as I used to..lol Nowadays I build a boatload of motorcycle seats because so many more folks are riding...built a seat for an old Yamaha 1300 last week black and grey with diamond pattern stitches just something simple and old fashioned...the old boy was real hard to read but he asked me how much he owed and I said $100...he gave me the 100 then gave me 30 more...man I love peope like him! hahaha

coach

Hey Jeff I am one of those GM guys be nice now. retired in 06 at the ripe old age of 47. I am what I always wanted to be Unemployable. lol

bluenoser

Banned
I apologize to everyone and mostly to you James and Bob...my only excuse is the weather is getting nice and the tempo at work has all of a sudden became hellish and I ain't adapting to it very well at all because it has been a long lazy winter for me...so again I'm sorry for the havoc...today was probably even worse but I have a six pack of PBRs tonight! :)

Thanks Jeff. Glad to be "buddies" again! :) Please accept my apologies as well for greasing the skids of this train wreck! lol! I've had my share of those times when tensions and stresses at work spill over into interactions with others. It's water under the bridge for me. Enjoy your PBRs!