Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Released

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
The long anticipated new version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 has been officially released. One big surprise is that the product price has been reduced from US$299 to US$149 for the full product and from US$99 to US$79 for upgrades.

Adobe-Lightroom-4-lg.jpeg

Last edited:

DW_

Very strange to see this version available so soon. I got the email last night and couldn't believe it. In the past Adobe released several beta iterations long before they released the official version. Hopefully it's not as buggy as this beta version is. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts we'll see LR 4.1 by summer.

airman85b

Yep just got it today. My first real editing software I was about to buy Lightrrom 3 yesturday but it isnt even on Adobe website anymore for downlaod. Guess I'm glad I waited a day.

DW_

I am. The differences between the two versions is small but not insignificant. The newer PV 2012 RAW algorithm alone as well as the cleaner clarity function is reason enough to buy 4.0, IMO. And though I've not used the tone mapping and individual channel adjustments, I'm sure once I get them in the workflow I'll find them quite handy. But really for me it's all about the PV2012 and the conversion of all my DNG's. I've been told there may be color changes when doing the conversion but so far I've not been able to detect any.

Last edited: