New member! Why are you participating in this community?

AnnaM

Hey guys!

I'm new in the forum today! I have not yet got a Nikon camera, but I'm planning on getting one very soon (maybe D5100?).

I'm also joining the forum because I am planning to write a paper about this online community. I am really curious about you guys. What is the reason you joined the community and why do you participate in it?

I would be really, really grateful if you had some input on that.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Welcome to the site Anna! you should definitely read as much as you can about the various cameras before you buy. There are lots of people here that can answer your questions.

what specifically will your paper be about? People participate in this community because they find a common interest with other members. In this case Nikon cameras & photography. They exchange information on how to use their cameras, different photos they've taken, and how to take different types of pictures using various techniques.

D90Guy

Hi, I joined to see how other photographers see subjects etc. and how they interpret them via the lens..
Tips-N-Tricks are always useful, last but not least people, their views & photographic thoughts & ideas...:eek:

p.s. I have a few images in my Gallery, feel free to look, comment or discuss..

Just-Clayton

We were supposed to join??? Really,the reason I joined was to learn more and I did. This beats going to school. On here you will get honest help on how to better your picture taking. At least I think they're honest!! Are you guys honest on your advice??? Please say yes! Please say yes!! I just invested in new equipment from your advice. I will find you if you were wrong! I am a mailman.
Oh! did I mention the fun we have on here, too???

Last edited by a moderator:

bobmielke

Now, if you could only write a paragraph with proper punctuation, spelling, spacing, sentence structure and capitalization you could graduate into high school!

Phillydog1958

This is a great place to learn about our common interest -- Nikon Photography. It's also a great way to burn up time and eliminate boredom, which is a major reason why people go online and exchange dialogue with total strangers. I've learned a lot since joining this community. Welcome to the site.

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

Well, when you have had a few drinks like I have had tonight you tend to care less about punctuation and grammar. Im not here to write a book. This isn't english class. Get over it!!

fotojack

Well, when you have had a few drinks like I have had tonight you tend to care less about punctuation and grammar. Im not here to write a book. This isn't english class. Get over it!!

You may not be here to write a book, but when you're writing anything that you want other people to read, it would be nice if what you wrote is readable. Would you buy a news paper or a book that was full of spelling and grammar mistakes? No, of course not. It would be hard to read, wouldn't it. It doesn't take long to read over what you wrote, see any errors and correct them before you hit the Post Quick Reply button. I spend a lot of time reading others posts in here, and I'm always going in and correcting spelling and grammar and punctuation. I've found that the way people write reflects on how other people perceive the writer.

We're not texting on a cell phone in here. We want others to understand what is written. Take a little extra time and look at what you've typed before firing it off for everyone to read. Thanks.

RickSawThat

I got on the site first because I was looking at comments about a few cameras I was trying to choose between when getting back into a DSLR. This site seems to have the least negative comments overall between the people posting and everyone is more helpful overall. The members seem to enjoy being a community. In the end this is the photo site I go to most since getting the camera. I post pictures daily and value my new friends advice and opinions. It's done in a positive spirit and the posts I make are done the same way. Positive feedback and a place to learn and check out each others strengths and styles.

The quality of work of people posting on the site is very good and there is a lot to learn from each other.

All good and a fun place to hang on the net. Definitely would say I have made some new friends since joining the site!

Last edited:

Sambr

Hmmm.....were not building a piano here folks, it's just a FORUM. Relax essays don't need to be marked here, it's just an exchange of ideas and a common passion for photography :)