Newbie here

Dr Daniels

I should have started here I think, my apologies!

I live and work in South Africa, and always been fascinated by photography.

Although very accessible, I think photography has to be one of the most difficult art. Anyone is virtually capable of producing a good photograph, given practice and tuition, but creating a photograph that is able express something or pass on some emotions, that is a very difficult task.

I see myself as the average photographer out there, forever looking for that style which would characterize my photos and make them unique, never quite happy with any shots I make... but always fascinated by the work of great photographers.

bluenoser

Banned
Hello Dr. D.! A welcome to Nikonites!

Thank you for that very nice introduction. You sound like an interesting person with a good deal to offer your fellow members here at Nikonites.

The only thing I would add to your view and pursuit of photography is fun! (and hopefully lots of it!) :)

I've found the first few images you've posted are very impressive! I really enjoy your work.

Nice to you have aboard!

PS. If you are comfortable sharing your first name that would be great - we're a first name basis kind of gang around here (you could place it in your signature which can be edited by accessing the settings link.

Dr Daniels

Thanks James!
My name is Marc, I was having a glass of Jack Daniels while creating my profile, hence the forum name. Hopefully I can change that someday! :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello, Marc, and welcome to the forum. Of all the photos in your gallery, the one of the young lady "in the garden" is especially stunning. I would say that you are well on your way to "creating a photograph that is able express something or pass on some emotions,"

I am looking forward to seeing more of your work, and hope you enjoy your stay with us! (I used to love Jack Daniels when I was in college! :)

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Doc. I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy it here. :) Nice work on the photos, by the way. :) I, too, especially like the one of the young lady in the garden. Here's hoping to see more of your fine work. And don't beat yourself up on seeking perfection....just enjoy the process. :)