Post processing

buckton

Whether its HDR or fine tuning a raw image. Sometimes after a while I don't like a photo anymore although I thought it was great when it was new, so I try to reprocess and it looks even worse. Are my new ones just better!? Or do you find you get better results post processing while you're still fresh and "in the moment"

Koolaid

when i got my first dslr i would shoot raw photos, completely unedited. once i got cs5 i started messing around with post processing and experimenting, what i found out was some of the best shots don't need any editing, maybe a little touch of contrast increase at best. when it comes to post processing i'd say take the minimalist approach and try to go light on the saturation, exposure ect

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
For me, what I perceive as good has matured but no matter what post processing technique I use if it was a dud then it remains a dud.

On the other hand, I have gone back and re-processed a "good" image as the tools have improved. Here is an old thread where I reworked a favorite image in the then new Lightroom 3.