Cheers from Connecticut!

bluenoser

Banned
Hi there Jessabelle! Welcome!! I made the exact same upgrade in 2010 and while the learning curve is steep (and at times unforgiving! :)) the trip is certainly worthwhile. Enjoy!

fotojack

Hi, Jessabelle, welcome to Nikonites. Congrats on the upgrade....but don't get rid of your trusty D40! It's still a great camera and will serve you well as a back up piece. Just a thought. :)

RickSawThat

Welcome to the site - start posting some of your new pictures. The members here are very positive in their comments it's a fun way to learn, improve and share....

bluenoser

Banned
....but don't get rid of your trusty D40! It's still a great camera and will serve you well as a back up piece. Just a thought. :)

+1 - couldn't agree more! I'm so glad I kept my D40 when I bought the D7000. Very nice (and useful) to have both. You may not think it so right now with the excitement of your new toy - but eventually you'll be glad you kept the D40.

Jessabelle

I thought about keeping it, but I ended up selling it to my sister. She would certainly lend it to me for a backup if necessary, though!