Hello from Scotland!

zuma

Hi everyone,i've recently retired and decided to try my hand at this photography caper.i'm a complete beginner so opted to start out with a Nikon P500 rather than baffle myself with a dslr.I'm very pleased with the camera although i've really only used it in auto mode still it takes cracking shots!. This site seems to be full of good people offering great advice and i'm really looking forward to improving my (very) limited skills
Zuma

I shoot the D3100 (DSLR) and I bought my wife the Coolpix L120. The L120 takes great pictures. I really can't tell much difference in the final product. The DSLR just gives you a lot more options like shooting in RAW format which is better for post processing. I think you will enjoy the P500. Have fun with it.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum! We're looking forward to seeing some of your photos of Scotland. . . lots of friendly and helpful people here. Just ask if you have questions, and have fun!

fotojack

Welcome to the forum, zuma. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, plus you'll find plenty of help and resources to keep you going. :)

trailertrash

I'll use my first post to say hello to a fellow Jock. This looks like a nice forum and I look frward to talking to you and the members here.

Andrew

gav329

Hi zuma and trailertrash

Welcome to nikonites. You will get loads of help here loads of nice people on the forum.

Gav from Glasgow

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zuma

Hi Andrew and Gav
I'm a total beginner really and have enjoyed just exploring the site these last few days.It's helped a lot already and i hope to pluck up the courage to post a couple of my pics soon!

Gerry