Lightroom or Capture NX2

AxeMan - Rick S.

I'm not an expert, and I don't have NX2. I use Lightroom, and like "RickSawThat" said most people here are going to recommend Lightroom for editing RAW files.

Check out YouTube a lot of videos there, you can check out what it can do and how to do it.

Boomer

I bought Lightroom and Capture NX2. After using both, I uninstalled Lightroom. Lightroom is a good sorting program but it doesn't store the information (ratings, crops, changes, etc.) in the RAW file so it's not visible in Capture NX2. If you need to do advanced editing, you need Capture NX2 or Photoshop. I prefer Capture NX2. ViewNX2 and CaptureNX2 make a good combination.

Whichever you chose, I recommend staying with the same vendor for the sorting application and editing application (View NX2 / Capture NX2 or Lightroom and Photoshop).

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Hey Boomer: Glad you found something to work for you. One thing to remember is that Lightroom was designed from the beginning to NEVER make any changes to your original files. Different philosophy than Capture NX2.