sd card error

ccoulson

Hey Guys,

New Issue.

Bough a Sandisc Extreme 16 GB card a week ago, and have been getting CARD ERR since then. Now, today I used a different card (just a regular Sandisc 8gb) and was going to be taking back the 16 gb. and I have started to get the err on that too. The cards have been formatted, and rotated and everything.

If i take the card out when i get the Errror and put it back in it takes one photo then Errors out again.

Please help I really dont know what to do.

Courtnie

D7000 its only 3 months old.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Re: Help!!!!!!!

I don't know enough about the 7000, but here's a couple of suggestions:
1. Reset the camera settings to default and reformat the card again in the camera.
2. if you have another camera or card reader, maybe a buddy has a camera, try the card in his/her camera. If it works in a different camera, then you know it's the camera and not the card.

I'm sure some of the techie experts here will give you other suggestions. good luck.

ccoulson

Re: Help!!!!!!!

I am reading that the newest firmware update may fix it, has anyone used the newest firmware update, and how do you update the firmware on the camera...

Claudia!

I am having similar issues. I don't have a memory card reader. Do y'all know of any other options?

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Memory card readers are fairly cheap. $20 should get you a good one. Just remember to get one that can read your particular type of card. Better yet, get one that can read multiple types of cards.

Claudia!

im going to have to do that. i was looking into the instructions last night and saw that i needed that. i plan to get one this week. it's annoying have to deal with the error. i thought it was the cards at first so returned it within a day. my other two that i bought the same day work well but i do get the card err often.