Blog Repair

ohkphoto

Snow White
Just want everyone to know that I have not disappeared. I have had to do some major repairing and rebuilding on my blogs . . . which I managed to destroy all on my own. You can read about it here if you want to know details . . . sigh

Hope to catch up soon :)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
sorry to hear that helene :( Next time it may be easier to just get a new domain and "park" it. This way it'll work like a mirror to the existing domain and you don't lose your old rankings/incoming links & won't have to reconfigure wordpress.

For example, I have the domain nikonite.com (no s) but in this case I've made it redirect to nikonites.com with some rewrite rules. I could change it to go the other way around if I wanted to. There are several other similar domains that do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a little late for now BUT. Backup your website regularly. I worked for a Webhosting company for many years and Backup is one thing I preached to all the customer all the time. You should have access to the web site control panel (Many have CPanel) and it will have a backup feature there. Your web host support site should be able to assist you with it. Do it once a week/month depending on how much you update or how much you are willing to have to rebuild.