Anyone using fuji X-Pro 1?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I will go to check an X-pro 1 tomorrow from our local Kijiji (canadian equivalent to CL). It comes with 2 lenses, a flash and for a great price. Weird thing is that the seller is the original owner of my Df (I bought it third hand). I'm waiting for his reply as to why he's selling it. I know it's not the latest model, but wondered if some of you have used it before.

Daz

Well it IS technically the latest model at the moment, the X Pro 2 only got announced last week, so he is probably selling to move onto that one, personally I would go Sony just because I like the look of them more than the Fuji but I have heard great things about it !

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Since the X-Pro2 announce, the price of gently used X-Pro1's has dropped nicely. Good luck!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, I went to check it out and as soon as I put my eyes through the viewfinder I knew this wasn't for me. I fount the eve way too small to be useful and couldn't find any adjustments for prescription glasses. So all I saw was out of focus. And, the size wasn't any smaller than my Df.

So the X-pro1 is not for me.

And the person selling it really would like me to sell him back his original Df, which raised suspicion and was a strong signal to me.

Maybe I should just stick around to what I have...

AC016

Well, I went to check it out and as soon as I put my eyes through the viewfinder I knew this wasn't for me. I fount the eve way too small to be useful and couldn't find any adjustments for prescription glasses. So all I saw was out of focus. And, the size wasn't any smaller than my Df.

So the X-pro1 is not for me.

And the person selling it really would like me to sell him back his original Df, which raised suspicion and was a strong signal to me.

Maybe I should just stick around to what I have...

Marcel, you can actually purchase diopter lenses for the XP1. Look here: Fujifilm DPC-1 X-Pro1 -1 Diopter Correction Lens 16274615 B&H . There are others as well. I'm not sure why Fuji never put a diopter adjustment on the XP1; though, that has changed with the XP2.