I think... I'm home!

Will V|Photography

Well Nikonians wants to charge your most vital limbs for access and NikonCafe, while there are some good people, seems a bit snobbish for my liking. I've stumbled across this little corner of the intrawebs and I love it already.

I'm getting ahead of myself. How about a little introduction first? Here goes...

Hi, my name is Will and I'm an al- wait... I'm a mid-20's recent grad from South FL but currently live in Central FL. I've had a long-standing interest in photography but the wallet just couldn't support it. After years of playing with point and shoots I decided to step up my game a little bit to see if my interest would hold if I got serious. I got a Coolpix L110 to see if I could make some nice quality pictures before dropping a hefty coin on a DSLR. Well after shooting with that for about 6 months I've already outgrown it and have a D3100 on the way. Don't mind my screenname, I'm in no way a professional (yet :p). Just, my handle on other forums isn't very... um... friendly. I'm looking forward to talking shop with everyone, learning a few (a lot of) things, and sharing my experiences.

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum, Will, and you won't find any snobs here! Good choice on the camera. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos when you get ready to post. There are a lot of knowledgeable and fun-loving people here who will gladly answer your questions and provide help. Enjoy, and take lots of pics!

Will V|Photography

Thanks! I'll start posting some pictures soon as I'm already into a Project 365 (that has slowed down considerably as of late). You can check out my Flickr to see my shots to-date. ;)

fotojack

Welcome to our corner of the web, Will. Like Helene said......no snobs here. Just Nikon lovers, and you'll get all the help you want. Nice choice on the camera, and looking forward to seeing your work. Happy clicking. :)

AxeMan - Rick S.

Welcome Will, You come to the right spot to learn more. In Aug. I'll be an active member of this site for 1 year. I can not tell you how much I have learned from this fine group of people in a short time. Dig through those old threads, they are packed with tons of information, and comic relief.

silvertip

Welcome to the fun times. I too tried Nikonians and found it a bit too stuffy. Lots of good people here full of useful and useless info.

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Will and welcome to the Nikonites Community. A friendly place to be and to learn about your soon to be camera and lens. I'm sure you will enjoy shooting a Nikon as much as every one here. You'er welcome to ask any questions no matter how simple or complex. We also mix some humor with our posts and keep things light. Enjoy.

Will V|Photography

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My D3100 should be here tomorrow so expect a nice photobomb after the weekend. I feel like a kid on Christmas waiting to get his shiny new Huffy 10-speed. :D

KWJams

Welcome, I bought the book and it has a one year free subscription coupon in it. But after trying the free side I never bothered to cash it in.

KWJams

Don't have it handy right now but I think it is titled "Mastering the D5000" and the author is one of the moderators over there.

Will V|Photography

BTW, I wish this battery would hurry up and charge because MY D3100 IS HERE!!! :D That's right folks, it's here and on it's way to taking pictures until my shutter finger falls off.