Lightroom/Photshop printing problem.. colors are way off

kathys999

Hi,
Hopefully someone has experienced this and can guide me to what is wrong. I recently had to reinstall Windows, Photoshop CS6 extended and Lightroom 5.3. Since the reinstall, my print colors are way off. Everything seems to be hazed in blue. (I'm not talking a little bit, I'm saying BLUE is the primary color) Its printing this way out of all apps, including Photoshop and Lightroom. When I print black and white, it prints blue and white.

Equipment info:
Windows 7
Canon Pixma mx922 printer

I've reinstalled Lightroom and Photoshop a couple of times, I've reinstalled the printer 2x. I've tried all different ICC color and paper profiles in PS and LR. I've turned off and on Color Management on the printer. The ink is full in all cartridges and the ink test print shows all inks are working. I've tried it on two different computers, Windows 7 on the other one that wasn't reinstalled, (points me to not a Windows problem). The nozzle check showed no clog.

I'm about ready to throw it out into the garage just to hear it smash into bits because I'm so frustrated. I was printing fine before all the reinstalls. What could I possibly be missing?

Last edited:

Fred Kingston

You probably need to uninstall all your printer drivers, and re-install the printer divers... double check Canon's support sites for the specific driver for that printer...

You shouldn't need ANY software (LR, PS or other editing software) to print a simple JPG to that printer... right-clicking a jpg file with Explorer, and simply selecting the "Print" option from the popup menu should correctly print... If not, the driver is not correctly communicating with the printer... Once you've crossed that hurdle, then you can start trying to print from within your editing software...

paul04

Not sure if this is related, I had a problem with nik collections, every time I opened it all the pictures had a blue tint, on looking it up on google, I turned off GPU acceleration, and that fixed it.

Also try printing without using light room, just click on a random picture right click and print.

kathys999

Tried both Paul, still the same results. Thinking about reinstalling Windows, but am hesitant because I really don't think thats going to fix anything either.

kevy73

I know it is unlikely, but has one of your ink cartridges run out? I know my pixma was making everything red - my blue had run out.

Just a thought...

aced19

Hi,
I've tried all different ICC color and paper profiles in PS and LR. I've turned off and on Color Management on the printer.

Sounds like you did.
But you did match ICC profile in your editing programs to match your printer ICC profiles?

Also one last thing if you have more than one ICC profile in your printer profiles list remove it. You may have to remove the Canon ICC profile in Color Management even though it may not be set to default.
I had a problem of pics in PS and LR looking correct in program but viewing from desktop after saving looked yellow. All my ICC profiles matched. Even though my monitor Samsung ICC profile was listed in Color Management it still caused me problems even though it was not set as default. Once I removed the Samsung ICC profile all was fixed.

Here is the post http://nikonites.com/computers-and-software/28797-color-profile.html#post416743

Last edited: