Happy Father's Day

Jacqueline

Downy Woodpecker Male and Young.jpg
Happy Father's Day!

Mike150

Typical Fathers day today, kids hit me up for $100 yesterday, I get a $10 gift today. The joys of parenthood. :)

Mine was a little better. I drove an hour to Fredrecksburg Va to have Brunch with my Daughter and Son in Law (Brunch on them, Gas on me). Then an Hour home. Two hours later drove 30mins to Charlottesville to have Dinner with my Son and his GF. I'm now home with my feet up and enjoying my old age.

Happy End of the day to all the fathers.

Mike150

Jacqueline
Beautiful shot of the Downey Woodpeckers. We have a pair of them here, but they're still too afraid of us for me to get close.

Jacqueline

I've been going outside with my coffee every morning at breakfast. The house finches were the first to relax, then the chipmunks. The Downy Woodpeckers have come around recently. Now, if I can just get the Red Bellied Woodpecker to pose for me. . . .

That's the male woodpecker, although you can't see his red spot in the photo. It's always the male I see feeding the young one. That's why I thought it was appropriate for Father's Day.

By the way, do you have a lot of family in Fredericksburg?

Mike150

. . .

By the way, do you have a lot of family in Fredericksburg?

My Daughter, Son-in-law and two grand-daughters live about 15 miles west of Fredericksburg. They're in the town of Locust Grove, but most people will recognize Fredericksburg, not Locust Grove.