Weekly Challenge Sep 3 - Sep 10: Recreation

RocketCowboy

Recreation- Marcel's Choice

DO NOT SHOOT OR POST IMAGES UNTIL WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 3 0:00 UTC

This early announcement of the topic is to give a little think time, before the challenge begins. Photos must be taken and submitted between 00:00 UTC of the start date and 00:00 UTC of the end date.

kids_on_the_beach.jpg

This photo challenge is "Recreation". Photos should provide a sense of recreation for the viewer, and otherwise open for interpretation. Let's see how creative you can be! Color, B&W, HDR...anything goes!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge. No gallery images or off-site links (flickr, 500px, etc) will be accepted.

2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread.

3. Only one photo entry per member for each week, unless otherwise noted.

4. All regularly active members of Nikonites are allowed to participate, including moderators and administrators.

Voting

During the submission & like periods, please click the Like this post button to vote for your favorite images. You can vote for as many as you want! At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to vote again for the top 3 photos for this challenge!

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Photo Challenges, unless specifically noted by the site administrator.

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited or straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

RocketCowboy

The submission windows is now open (as of 2 hours and 21 minutes ago)!

Good luck and looking forward to another great series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedG954

Sorry, I don't know what

means. :eek:

Michael, recreation is what you do when you're not working.... taking your daughter to a park. ... seeing a movie or performance. Whatever you may do to relax; that's recreation. I'm glad you said you didn't understand. There are over a million Thai words I don't understand, and even fewer concepts. :)

Bob Blaylock

Re: Weakly Challenge Sep 3 - Sep 10: Recreation

I'm going to have to stretch to fit this to the theme, but I don't expect to get anything closer in the remaining week.

Photography is my hobby, so I do it for recreation.

As I was at the Meadowview Light Rail station, waiting for my wife to arrive by train, I noticed, for the very first time, these posts with flashing colored lights on top of them. Having my camera with me, I engaged, at this point, in my recreational hobby. The train carrying my wife arrived, actually, as I was fumbling with what few other items I had with me to try to prop the camera at the correct angle, so that I could take a 2-second exposure.

I suppose I could also claim that being reunited with my wife, “re-created” me, but that's an even bigger stretch that the one I already attempted.

I suppose, if I continue typing, I'll just come up with increasingly-worse attempts to try to fit this to the theme, so perhaps I better just get to the picture.

Just the stock 18-55mm “kit lens”, this time, at 45mm. Two-second exposure at ƒ7.1, ISO 200.

CSC_3255.jpg

Last edited:

Elliot87

My recreation activity today was heading into Newcastle upon Tyne to watch the Great North City Games. One of the highlights was watching Andy Turner, former European and Commonwealth Champion run his last ever race.

The side of the track was packed and I only had a clear view of the final hurdle in lane 4, fortunately that was the lane Turner was running in. By pre-focusing on this spot I was able to capture this shot. Not perfect but I was chuffed to capture this moment!

DSC_0193.jpg

RocketCowboy

I could actually win one of these, since there's only been three pictures posted so far! :D

Just a reminder, since we shifted the timeline to 00:00 UTC rather than 00:00 EST, the window for getting submissions posted is a few hours sooner. As much as I'd like to win one, don't let it be because no one else participated! ;)