Nikon Sensors

Ranie

Helene, those sensors are for videos with 16:9 ratio.
And you know that Sony makes sensors for Nikon?
The 24 megapixel sensor of the D3X is made by Sony for Nikon.
Same specs as the 24 megapixel fullframe Sony A900

ohkphoto

Snow White
The 24 megapixel sensor of the D3X is made by Sony for Nikon.
Same specs as the 24 megapixel fullframe Sony A900
Hmm. Good to know, Ranie. Do you know anything about the sensors that the Sigma dslr uses? it's non-mosaic --supposed to be one of the best --can't find the bookmark for it right now to send you the link. The links did show a difference in color quality between use of the 2 sensors. Seems that Nikon would be working to get that?

Ranie

Hmm. Good to know, Ranie. Do you know anything about the sensors that the Sigma dslr uses? it's non-mosaic --supposed to be one of the best --can't find the bookmark for it right now to send you the link. The links did show a difference in color quality between use of the 2 sensors. Seems that Nikon would be working to get that?

Is this the one you mean Helene: FAQs: The Sigma Camera and its Foveon X3 Direct Image Sensor | SIGMA Blog
very interesting. i wish i could get my hands on that one and try it.

theregsy

I keep looking at the old Sigma DSLRs with that curiosity of I wonder what the Foveon is like. I know it split opinion on the internwt when I started looking at Digital cameras, a real love and hate thing. I hope someone picks it up and develops it further or it could be consigned to the same heap that the Fuji Super CCD lives in, although a fantastic sensor in a Fuji DSLR. From a techy/nerdy point of view the idea behind it sounded like it should produce amazing images.

Ranie

From a techy/nerdy point of view the idea behind it sounded like it should produce amazing images.

The Fuji S pro camera bodies produces great images. They also utilize the Nikon F mount. You can use Nikon pro lenses on these bodies.
I have a classmate in Canada who is a wedding photographer, he uses Fuji bodies for weddings, and Nikon for other shoots

theregsy

Yeah, I only recently bought a Nikon camera, although I owned a D40 briefly in the past. My previous and now backup DSLR is the Fuji S2 pro. While it is slow and really doesn't measure up to the D2x in terms of performance the images from it are sublime, I have yet to see another camera produce the tones and depth of that Super CCD sensor, although it had that bizarre honeycomb layout I think it helped reduce the noise in images as opposed to the usual sqaure layout, less moire (I think might be the term I am looking for here) but the Fuji DSLR never really seemed to catch up in terms of speed. Now if you had that sensor with the processing power of my D2x I think that it might produce a fantastic camera. LOL