Hi everybody! Coming back to Nikon!

hrstrat57

Bought a used near mint D300 have a few left over bits of Nikkor MF glass and loving a mint 50 F 1.4 D AF lens bought with the cam.

Likely looking to liquidate a huge kit of Maxxum and Sony glass as I migrate back to Nikon. Started my Nikon relationship with a 1959 Nikon F and built a big collection of F mount SLR's and glass. Unfortunately I sold off most of it over time. Enticed to A mount by the Maxxum 9000 and enjoyed a long relationship with Minolta and Sony A mount.

Will have a lot of questions as I built up a kit. I'll likely add a D700 as the goal is full frame but probably can't afford the trilogy ha ha at least not until I clear out the A mount kit and the Nex gear. I plan to test drive the D810 too....

Hopefully I won't be too annoying with my newby queries!!!

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Bought a used near mint D300 have a few left over bits of Nikkor MF glass and loving a mint 50 F 1.4 D AF lens bought with the cam.

Likely looking to liquidate a huge kit of Maxxum and Sony glass as I migrate back to Nikon. Started my Nikon relationship with a 1959 Nikon F and built a big collection of F mount SLR's and glass. Unfortunately I sold off most of it over time. Enticed to A mount by the Maxxum 9000 and enjoyed a long relationship with Minolta and Sony A mount.

Will have a lot of questions as I built up a kit. I'll likely add a D700 as the goal is full frame but probably can't afford the trilogy ha ha at least not until I clear out the A mount kit and the Nex gear. I plan to test drive the D810 too....

Hopefully I won't be too annoying with my newby queries!!!

I had a Minolta 7000i and several lenses and a flash.....good quality camera for it's day!

hrstrat57

Thanks. Saw that thread - great discussion and reading with interest.

I am also strongly considering a D700 which I believe is identical to the D300 except for sensor. That would leave a lot more cash for glass.

Will play with the D300 extensively while I mull over additional moves. Nothing wrong with shooting exclusively with a good prime lens while I learn my way around the new gear is my thought.

Browncoat

I'm curious...

What initially about Minolta wooed you away from the Nikon system? The F series was, for the most part, the be-all-end-all of that period. It's just odd to see that during a time when so many were drawn to Nikon, you migrated away from it.

Oh, and welcome back to the black and yellow. :cool:

hrstrat57

I'm curious...

What initially about Minolta wooed you away from the Nikon system? The F series was, for the most part, the be-all-end-all of that period. It's just odd to see that during a time when so many were drawn to Nikon, you migrated away from it.

Oh, and welcome back to the black and yellow. :cool:

Maxxum AF in the mid 80's it was the ultimate photography gadget. Did not bite at the Maxxum 7000 but when the 9000 pro rig came out with motor drive and more high end glass I bought a pair of those and sold of a pair of F2's with motor drives and a nice kit of Nikkor glass to fund the switch.

hrstrat57

Btw I still have one of the Maxxum 9000's with a drive attached along with a 7000i and 700i.

The 700i is real good, fast AF and 2 control wheels. Nostalgia might force me to keep the film bits out of the sell off. Can't get much for them anyway.