Refurbished Nikon D7100

BackdoorArts

Seriously tempted as it's pretty much the right price to push me over the edge.

Psssstt - don't forget the buffer thing!!

Phew!! Saved by the bell.

Though I'm still sorely tempted by those extra DX pixels...

(drum roll)

...I just pinged them. If the eBay auction includes the extra year warranty from my Adorama VIP membership then I may have a new body to play with by the weekend.

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

If they're selling a D7100 for that low of a price, then I'd be willing to say there's a good chance the D9300 or whatever they will call the next DX camera is close to the horizon. I'd say it's coming soon.

BackdoorArts

If they're selling a D7100 for that low of a price, then I'd be willing to say there's a good chance the D9300 or whatever they will call the next DX camera is close to the horizon. I'd say it's coming soon.

I don't doubt it - it's been almost 18 months since the D7100 was announced. What I'm on the fence about is that should it come out, and it's priced more like the D400, will I bother since I have the D800 & D600 and am looking at the D7100 as simply a wildlife camera?

Seems that they've discontinued the free extended warranty for VIP members anyway, so I'm still wondering about this one.

Pretzel

Don't forget that the D7200 rumor has been out there a while too, so it may not be the entry of the 9300 driving this... every time I've seen it, it mentions a late summer announcement (around August/September). This might very well be the reason for this "refurb timing"?

What to expect from Nikon in the next few months | Nikon Rumors

Although I'm thrilled with my D7100, wondering if the 7200 will resolve the buffer complaints?

BackdoorArts

Took a shot on the refurb. Unfortunately had to pay tax on it since they're in NJ, but it's still a good chunk cheaper than others. I've got 30 days on it, which will be enough to decide if the buffer thing kills me. More and more I'm under 5 or 6 frame bursts, even with birds in flight, so it's a tough price to pass up. And the bonus for my tax dollar is that it'll be here tomorrow.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Took a shot on the refurb. Unfortunately had to pay tax on it since they're in NJ, but it's still a good chunk cheaper than others. I've got 30 days on it, which will be enough to decide if the buffer thing kills me. More and more I'm under 5 or 6 frame bursts, even with birds in flight, so it's a tough price to pass up. And the bonus for my tax dollar is that it'll be here tomorrow.

congratulations! Welcome to the Primal Beast World!

Whiskeyman

Add to that that I've purchased one to go along with my discontinued D90 and my discontinued D700, it must be a certainty!!;)

Whiskeyman

The tax part stinks, but getting it that soon is very good. I hope you get to enjoy it this weekend!

WM

Rick M

It's a great price, but I already spent $2k this month on gear :(. I think they're making room for the 9300 mirrorless Dx, gotta save my pennies for that. It will have 20 fps in continuous AF, huge buffer and silent mode (awesome for wildlife!).

BackdoorArts

If the D9300 is actually a mirrorless DSLR and not just some phantom rumor, I'd still likely avoid it on the first pass. Nikon's been more miss than hit with new tech lately. I also expect it'll be more than I care to invest in - probably closer to the D610 in price than the 7000 series. If I want mirrorless I'll stick with a Nikon 1 and a converter to use the big lenses.

RocketCowboy

You guys that snapped up this deal got lucky. :D Checked the ebay site this morning and they've jumped the price to $950.

I guess I should have pulled the trigger quicker and asked for forgiveness instead of asking for permission.

HaroldC3

I am anxiously awaiting mine. Coming from the Sony Nex system, Canon EOS M before that and then a variety of Canon crop cameras before that. Now decided the Nikon sensor is much superior to Canon and Nikon is the way to go.

BackdoorArts

Mine came at lunch yesterday and I'm pretty darned happy thus far. I'd forgotten the advantages of DX with macro. The IQ is outstanding, and my first shot was a random squeeze of a frame of my Mom on her computer and I was amazed when it showed me that it had fired off at ISO 6400. It's a great little body, and I'm glad I got it at a nice price.

Just checked the shutter count and it's currently at 880, so it was definitely low mileage prior to the refurb.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I am anxiously awaiting mine. Coming from the Sony Nex system, Canon EOS M before that and then a variety of Canon crop cameras before that. Now decided the Nikon sensor is much superior to Canon and Nikon is the way to go.

Welcome to the forum....you might want to go to the new member section and introduce yourself so everyone can say welcome!