Monkey Business

aroy

This is the time of the year, when mangoes are ripening on the trees, and monkeys come in from rural pockets to urban areas to feast on the fruit. At times they become a big menace as a gang of 15 to 30 would rampage through the colony. They are well versed with modern facilities and if you are not careful, will enter your house, go straight to the refrigerator and help them selves to fruit and vegetables.

Today I caught them raiding mango tree in our backyard. They came in the morning and later moved on.

DSC_6963.jpg
The backyard. The mango tree is in fore ground. The monkeys were feasting on the ledge at right. One was in the Neem tree at top right.

DSC_6957.jpg
Another view

DSC_6958.jpg

DSC_6959.jpg

DSC_6960.jpg

DSC_6961.jpg

DSC_6962.jpg
Most probably they will be in the colony for a few days. I will try to get a few more shots later.

aroy

We not only have monkeys in our backyard, but all over Delhi. The normally are in the rural areas, but descend on the city and play havoc in the Government offices. We even have an official monkey catchers but they are not upto the task.

aroy

Monkeys have been infesting the colony for quite some time, but they have avoided our block. For past few days they have slowly moved to our block. I cought a couple of then in front of our house.

DSC_8352.jpg

DSC_8353.jpg

DSC_8354.jpg

DSC_8355.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
Great pictures!

Well, here in Colorado we have no monkeys. We do have bear and raccoons, though. Last year a bear did about $2,000 in damage to our cabin. Sorry, no pictures, though. :)

aroy

After roaming around the colony for two months, the monkeys finally decided to "grace" our back lane today. My lab kept barking at them, and they all watched curiously at him. So here are the shots

DSC_9927.jpg

DSC_9939.jpg

DSC_9938.jpg

DSC_9935.jpg

DSC_9934.jpg

DSC_9932.jpg

DSC_9931.jpg

DSC_9930.jpg

DSC_9929.jpg

DSC_9944.jpg

aroy

And now for some serious loafing around

DSC_9922.jpg

DSC_9942.jpg

DSC_9941.jpg
checking for lice?
DSC_9940.jpg
checking for lice?
DSC_9937.jpg
Why is he constantly barking?
DSC_9936.jpg

DSC_9933.jpg

DSC_9926.jpg
Tree hopping
DSC_9925.jpg

DSC_9924.jpg

DSC_9923.jpg

DSC_9943.jpg
Eleder brother looking after the kid

Ironwood

Great shots Aroy.
I find the Monkeys very interesting, but I can imagine they would be a big nuisance, especially if they go inside your house.