Link: Understanding Golden Hour, Blue Hour and Twilights

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
PetaPixel posted an incredibly detailed tutorial describing the Golden Hour, Blue Hour and Twilights.

photopills2.jpg

In the article an iOS app, PhotoPills was mentioned. Below is a video overview of the app. Great article and interesting app.

[video=vimeo;61835459]http://vimeo.com/61835459[/video]

rocketman122

maybe I dont understand the app but seems to me like too much time invested instead of coming and hour before sunset, getting your gear ready, bring a beer, enjoy the view and shoot.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
maybe I dont understand the app but seems to me like too much time invested instead of coming and hour before sunset, getting your gear ready, bring a beer, enjoy the view and shoot.

I like that idea but I think this is if you are planning to get a specific angle. . . or reflection? But the beer idea is good. I think there is an app for that too?

Horoscope Fish

I like that idea but I think this is if you are planning to get a specific angle. . . or reflection?
That's what I got out of it. It appears the app calculates where the sun will be on the horizon on a specific date so you can reverse-engineer a shot like the sun appearing in the arch as it rises.

But the beer idea is good. I think there is an app for that too?
There's not, but give me a few minutes...