Looking for a decent bag

Bob Rules

Hi, this is my first post on this wonderful site, so bear with me.I just upgraded from a D3100 to a D7100 and I also just brought the Yonguno yn-565. My issue is my Lowepro 200 sling bag is not cutting it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a backpack type bag? I initially plan on carrying my D7100 with Tamron 18-200 laptop, Nikkor 50 mm. the flash and a few accessories. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.Thanks in Advance.

rocketman122

Hi, this is my first post on this wonderful site, so bear with me.I just upgraded from a D3100 to a D7100 and I also just brought the Yonguno yn-565. My issue is my Lowepro 200 sling bag is not cutting it. Does anyone have any suggestions for a backpack type bag? I initially plan on carrying my D7100 with Tamron 18-200 laptop, Nikkor 50 mm. the flash and a few accessories. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.Thanks in Advance.

New Lowepro Mini Trekker AW DSLR Camera Photo Bag Backpack with Weather Cover | eBay

youre welcome. I have this bag and damn can it hold a lot. it will be there when you upgrade your gear. its the right balance to add gear but not so huge that youre carrying a huge bag till you upgrade.

I have the older photo trekker AW and its just huge. but then again, I need the space. I think the newer bags lowepro made are of lower quality than what they used to make.

btw, that model sold for $140 when they released it. its such a succeful bag that theyve sold it for so long. there are newer bag, but this one is at the top of my list for a travel backpack that holds a A LOT.

Daniel Aegerter

I recently got the Fstop Guru bag.
Nice, good quality, very confortable (but somewhat expensive).

3age8eba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 prototype using Tapatalk

Bill16

I'm thrilled with my Tamrac expedition backpacks, but they are a bit pricey. I bought a new Tamrac Expedition 8x $220.00 I believe, and a used Tamrac Expedition 5 for about $60.00! Both are awesome bags, and extremely well built! :)

Attachments

• $_57-1.jpg
    $_57-1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 264

weebee

I have the 302AW slingshot that can carry all my gear except a laptop. So I bought a Lowepro Fastpack 250 Backpack. This pack can carry most of my gear plus my laptop. It's a great pack. This will be my travel bag. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 302AW now!

DSCN0706_01.jpg
DSCN0708.jpg

Fortkentdad

I bought the Tamrac Evolution 8 - $89 CDN on sale at Henry's.com. Really like it. It holds my D610, four lenses and a Metz 58 AF-2 flash in the camera compartment leaving the upper section for lunch or whatever else I need to pack.
I have loaded it and once loaded it does get a bit heavy - glad I didn't go for a bigger backpack. If I get a bigger bag in the future it will have to be one of those airporters with wheels.

No problem recommending this bag.

10264954_10152162660226051_864881419064750659_n.jpg

fotojack

I use Lowepro exclusively, and I probably have too many of them (5 at last count) lol

Computrekker AW
Classified Sling 220 AW
Slingshot 300 AW
Nova 4 AW
Sideline Shooter

Oh...and a National Gepgraphic NG2343 Small Shoulder Bag. :)

Lowepro has this neat site called the Bagfinder. Maybe that will help you find what you need. :)

Find the best camera bag with Lowepro Bagfinder

Cowleystjames

My favourite smaller backpack at the moment is my Lowepro Flipside Sport 15ALW. I can get a D4s with 70-200 f2.8 attached along with the 24-70, 85 f1.4 and a flash. Awesome bit of kit and there's room for a 1litre Hydration pack on the side pocket also.

adox66

Another vote for Tamrac. I have the expedition 6 and it currently holds everything I own. Its been through the wars(I shoot a lot of landscape/seascape) and there isnt a scratch on it.

Mine holds:
D7100
Nikkor 35mm
Nikkor 70-300mm
Sigma 10-20mm
Yongnuo Speedlight 468ii
Two Youngnuo triggers
Lee Big Stopper
Lee Little Stopper
Lee .6 Hard grad
Lee .6 Sorf Grad
Lee Foundation Kit
Spare Battery
Lens Cloth
Microfibre Cloths
Remote
Rain Jacket
Rain Trousers
Black Rapid strap
Spare batteries for Flash
Giottos Rocket Air Blower

Theres still room left in the bag as well. I keep the wet gear in a pouch at the front designed to take a laptop so should suit too>

post-16616-1343505032.jpg

Last edited: