Hello, Iam from Cochin, India...

eummagic

I own a very old model Nikon coolpix and believe me its just 2megapixel when digital camera was just starting to be popular. Recently, bought a Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm + 55-300mm lens and tripod stand. The main purpose of buying tripod is to use primarily for my camcorder but then I can use my Nikon too for great shots.

Iam a newbie to SLR family and have downloaded a lot of tutorials etc from other forums to know more about the SLR techniques and Iam just started from zero and hoping to make my snapshots to be great shots. For which, I require the guidance & support from you all members to make it happen...

Thank you all and happy to be part of this exclusive Nikon forum...

Joseph Bautsch

Hello and welcome to the Nikonites Community. We have a number of members from india. This is a great place to learn about your D3100 and about photography in general. We have a number of experienced D3100 users here who can help with any questions you may have. India is a great country to photograph so we would love to see some of your work in the gallery and the critique forum is a great place to get ideas on improving your compositions. This is also a fun site and you will enjoy your time here.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello, eummagic, and welcome to the forum! We have a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here who will gladly help you with questions and guidance. The best thing you can do is start using that great camera and start posting your photos.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

Best Regards

Ruidoso Bill

Hello eummagic and welcome to Nikonites! I just passed on my first digital to a grandson and it is but 1 MP. I just know you will love that D3100 and grow and learn with it. Fine equipment and I hope you find Nikonites a great place to hang out and learn.

fotojack

Welcome, eummagic, to Nikonites. Like all the others said, you WILL love it here! :) Lots of help and guidance for your camera. As always, though, try to go through your owners manual first for the answers you seek. When all else fails, ask us! :)