Hello from Fort Wayne, Indiana

Joseph Bautsch

Hi d90dewey and welcome to the Nikonites Community. OK, when the D7000 comes in will you change your name to d7000dewey? It's a really good camera you'll enjoy it. Saw the shots in the gallery good shooting. This is a good site with some great people. You will enjoy it.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hello and welcome to the site! Lots of fun and knowledgeable people here. Congratulations on your new camera!

Best Regards

fotojack

Hey dewey, wussup? ;) Congrats on the new D7000. Great camera. If you have plans to throw away your D90, throw it my way, OK? :)
Hope you enjoy it here at Nikonites. Lots of knowledgeable people, and we have fun, too.

d90dewey

Thanks very much! one of my friends hung the d90dewey, so I imagine that's who I'll be until my turn on earth is up. I've been talking with a local who is going to be heading over to Ohio in the spring to shoot some eagles somewhere south of us, so I'm going along to try perhaps the only time to get some shots of those magnificent creatures. It just seems like a good time to upgrade, based on talks and reviews. At 64 it may be the last time I do so unless my 3 trips a week to the gym help out! :)) Thanks for the kind words on my shots. I do try very hard to get better, as do we all. I'm looking forward to being here. Thank you Joseph.

d90dewey

Thanks fotojack! I do love that thing. It has been with me every day since I bought it. I have an old Jeep Wrangler that, other than winter, has the canvas off and a portable desk with non-skid surface and a rectifier occupying the passenger seat so my D90 has a place to ride. Most everyone knows the d90 is with me everywhere I go, since I missed the potential for a really good shot one day when it was at home. It's a big world, but have you heard of Marilyn (cowgirlrightup on flickr) in your neighborhood? She shoots action for the most part and is nothing short of fantastic. She lives up there in your neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

d90dewey

Thank you very much Helene, I'm looking forward to my time here and the opportunity to benefit from the knowledge to be gained. I think it's wonderful that someone would take on such a daunting task as creating and maintaining the site.

d90dewey

John, I'm failing miserably, but the worst is over, for this go around. 3 degrees with a -17 wind chill to start the day, but it got to double digits this afternoon! Have a great weekend.