Forum Slow as Molasses now

Mike D90

An hour ago this forum was as fast as ever for me. Now, I can make a sandwich in between page transitions.

It is horribly slow to make a connection and change pages. Most times I have had to hit the "Stop" icon and then "Refresh" the page to get them to load.

web_page.jpg

Ruidoso Bill

I was going to suggest doing a speed test such as speakeasy or one of many others to check your download speed. The forum seems very responsive to me 99.99% of the time. See how you compare to what you are paying for.

Mike D90

Two sessions with AT&T tech support and two hours total and they say my line is fine andmy modem is faulty. It wont "authenticate". So they tell me I have to buy a new modem for $75.00

Mike D90

I don't believe them. I am almost back to normal speed now. I think it was that heavy rain we had yesterday. I also changed my DNS servers and made a good difference.

Mike D90

Don you should have problem solver under your Mod sign:applouse:

What Don needs to do is share some of that massive bandwidth he has. Sheeesh!! I am stuck with 1.5Mbps and since I am PPPoE I am capped at 1.4 max which I have never seen. I am good if I am at 1.37 Mbps which I did get today.

What Don needs to do is share some of that massive bandwidth he has. Sheeesh!! I am stuck with 1.5Mbps and since I am PPPoE I am capped at 1.4 max which I have never seen. I am good if I am at 1.37 Mbps which I did get today.

That was on my laptop which is wireless and a little slower. My desktop is much better

3167953511.png