Hello from Toronto

Jaynometry

Hello everyone,

Definitely enjoying my stay here so far and everyone seems friendly. Nice to be in a Nikon-specific forum for a change. Anyway, my gear so far are:

Nikon D7000 with an attached MB-D11
Nikon D40X
Nikon SB-600
Tamron 17-50 2.8 (non-VC)
Sigma 10-20 4-5.6
Sigma 70-300 Macro APO 4-5.6
Nikon 50 1.8
Nikon 35 1.8
Nikon 18-55 kit lens (non-VR)

I mainly shoot cars but I am starting to broaden my horizons and have been trying to take more portraits and landscapes.

Here are a few of my shots:

4978183619_48fb3fb236_b.jpg
5090699166_a40f7d3be7_b.jpg
5111824280_e4072716c0_b.jpg
5301196175_dec5dd1e57_b.jpg

See you guys around here!

Joseph Bautsch

Hello and welcome to the Nikonites Community. This is a friendly site with a lot of knowledgable people. You can help us in responding to your posts if you will complete your profile with your camera, lenses and any other equipment you are using. You have some nice shots posted so we are looking forward to seeing more of your work. We accept all questions none to simple. Join us often and enjoy.

M.Hinch

Welcome, nice to see another Torontonian on this site. Lots of very nice people here
willing to help out whenever possible.

Michael

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum! Nice set of gear and great shots! What position were you in to get that 3rd shot? I love it!
Looking forward to seeing more!

Best Regards

Jaynometry

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! This'll be my new home for photography needs. Glad to see a few fellow Canadians on the board too!

Welcome to the forum! Nice set of gear and great shots! What position were you in to get that 3rd shot? I love it!
Looking forward to seeing more!

Best Regards

Actually, it was a very high risk shot and I wouldn't recommend it but I just stuck my arm out the window with the D40X and just shot away using burst mode. It definitely turned out cool but you really got to watch out for rocks that the tires are shooting up.

DenisSavoie

Welcome from Ottawa. I love the car shots. I'm intrigued by the D7000. It's the camera I wanted, but in November I was told I'd likely have to wait until January. at the same time, the D300s dropped to $100 over the D7000, so I snapped one up.

I'd love to see just how good it is in low light. I've read rave reviews about the D7000s low light capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

Welcome, Jay. I think you'll like it here. You have a positive attitude about yourself.....definitely a good trait to have. :) Nice car shots, by the way. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

(we call it "work", but we really know it's fun, right? ;) )