Thai girl friend correct or not.

Scott Murray

Ok a few yrs ago a Thai girl and I hooked up, her asking for money broke that up. But I got some ok shots. Thoughts and CC appreciated.

Noony (1 of 1)-3.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Was there some fill flash on those or just color corrected in post? The first one is a little overexposed and heavy on the contrast.

DraganDL

Very impressive - you got an unusual color set, thanks to the extremes in the color gamut/contrast area. Very interesting (effective) results. It especially goes for the first and the second photos (the girl in a close up, and you with her together). So, this is an example of how the "classic" (traditional) rules can be "overridden" by "expanding your creativity beyond the limits". There is only one formal objection about the second photo: you should try to remove those traces of the shadow in the lower left corner.
That being said, the third photo is somewhat "ordinary", so it somehow falls out of the set...

Last edited:

DraganDL

The background (green hill with the forest) could be blurred, slightly, it should not be erased, since, as it seems to me Scott's intention was to create a sort of "the girl at a surrealistic seaside", not just a girl (alone) - that would be a point of making the photo so "contrasty". On the other hand, the second photo should get rid of that shadow, to make the same effect - kind of "two people half levitating, half standing" on the beach...

dramtastic

Unfortunately for me they all look like they were taken with a Kodak disposable. Color is flat and the first one overexposed. Sorry Scott.

Bob Blaylock

Looking at these pictures, the most obvious fault to me is the excessively-busy, distracting backgrounds.

There's an app for Android-based devices which is excellent for blurring out such backgrounds, and looking at these pictures, it occurred to me that they were the sort that would greatly benefit from applying this app.

Alas, this app isn't up to working on DSLR-sized images; and on my device, at least, it imposes a limit of 2048 pixels on the longest dimension.

The app is AfterFocus Pro

Here's what I got when I ran your three pictures rather hastily through it. With more fiddling, better results are likely.

2012-07-07 12.20.08.jpg 2012-07-07 12.14.14.jpg 2012-07-07 12.37.50.jpg