Illegally obtained photographs

Rick M

I'll document my incursion into Gettysburg National Park here. These will all be iPhone shots until next week. From this morning, crossed the barrier on Confederate Ave.

ta5yga8e.jpg

uhahuzu7.jpg

2uza2equ.jpg

Just-Clayton

I dont want to butt in your post but, my friend and his boys were there last month for the reenactment. He was able to get this shot when he woke up. I was able to get a full size copy from him to print and frame. I love this shot.
1185940_10201032349389862_1021342717_n.jpg

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

Not to derail your thread but you're both wrong - getting paid to do a job where you do NOTHING is illegal. ;)

Nice to be able to get shots with no tourists in your way, eh?

Alan

I know a couple good lawyers in the area just in case. I'm just saying.....:cool:

Hope you have a great time anyway. If you have time and have never been there go have lunch at the Cashtown Inn.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Good for you, Rick, and fabulous photos! I'm going to Bosque del Apache next week . . . the cranes and geese should be arriving. They posted that everything is shut down. I don't care.

Browncoat

I would love to go back to Gettysburg and Washington DC...went there on an 8th grade class trip many, many moons ago. I still have my photos, taken on a Kodak Disc camera (remember those?). Never did get to visit the White House, it was locked down because there was some summit meeting and Gorbachev was visiting.

2170124922_06d6f7869c.jpg

Rick M

There is a new museum which opened in 2013 at the Lutheran theological seminary. The building is the one with the famous Cupolla on it here some pictures of a few displays inside and the outside.

bady8u3e.jpg

y9y9uqyz.jpg

pusyny9a.jpg

Nothing like a little one day surgery!

Roy1961

Contributor
great pics Rick, gives you an insight to what it must have been like, old surgery what can you say, dont know what the guy in bed is watching on his ipod, couldnt have been much around in the year 1863. :D

Rick M

So it was $9 bucks to get into the seminary museum. A ridiculous $29 if you want to actually get into the copulla! So on the fourth floor I snuck behind a display, moved the blinds and the family and I looked out the window :). Instant $60 savings :)

Told the wife and son to pretend we were 10 feet higher

Last edited:

Rick M

I dont want to butt in your post but, my friend and his boys were there last month for the reenactment. He was able to get this shot when he woke up. I was able to get a full size copy from him to print and frame. I love this shot.
1185940_10201032349389862_1021342717_n.jpg

I plan to be out each morning by 6-7, hopefully will catch some fog also. Also, appears to be a safe time, as the Rangers don't start work early. I've driven by a few, I think next time I'll stop and actually ask them what hours they are working. I don't mind pissing them off due to my mood about all this BS. BUT I also need to keep in mind that they are just doing there job so I will be nice about it (to them).

My wife and I were in Pensacola Beach this weekend and part of the island is a National park but it has a public road running through it. There were flashing signs at either end telling us the beaches were closed and to not stop at any of them. We thoroughly enjoyed each one of them!

Last edited by a moderator:

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Growing up in Philly, this was a classroom, field trip. I haven't seen Gettysburg since I was 12. Thanks for the memory, Rick. :)

I was sick on the day of my class field trip to Gettysburg so I've never seen it. :( Rick, thanks for sharing these with us! :D