How to create something like this

azee7

579044_593675210690605_992131922_n.jpgi want to create photo like this which settings sould be prefered? and manual focus or auto focus?
i got nikon d3100 to serve this purpose

WayneF

It appears to be a modestly wide aperture (reduced depth of field), which is focused on the near plant stems, throwing the sightly more distant background a little out of focus. A little experimentation works wonders.

RockyNH_RIP

i want to create photo like this which settings sould be prefered? and manual focus or auto focus?

Hello,

You have had several posts asking similar questions where you post a picture and ask about the settings??? Have you studied the exposure triangle, depth of field and your manual?? That is the best way to learn these techniques and more, study and TRY! :) If you study, try and need help to improve, posting a question with your photo, EXIF Data and what you are trying to accomplish will allow people to help you fine tune.. Practice makes perfect! :)

Good luck!

Pat in NH

Horoscope Fish

You have had several posts asking similar questions where you post a picture and ask about the settings??? Have you studied the exposure triangle, depth of field and your manual?? That is the best way to learn these techniques and more, study and TRY!
I might suggest it's the ONLY way.

There are no magic settings you can apply to your camera to get the shot you're seeing in your head every time; that's just not how photgraphy works.

You need to learn separate photographic "tools" -- exposure, depth of field, light, shadow, color, tone, composition et cetera -- and how to apply those tools to what you have in front of you in order to get the shot you want.

Browncoat

But this is the internet.

You should just be able to create a username and then have everyone else solve your problems without having to do any research yourself.

​Duh.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Several of us, including myself, have pointed you to places on the internet where you can get basic information. Have you used those links? If I asked you in a classroom, what does f-stop have to do with depth of field, could you give me the answer? If not, then you need to do your "homework". Study each element (exposure, depth of field, etc.) by itself and start shooting and posting your own photos WITH exif data and let us critique or provide you feedback.

You're not going to become a photographer "overnight", regardless of how "smart" your camera is. We are all happy to help you, but you need to do your homework first and SHOW us something that you've done. There is NO CANNED answer to what you're asking. Unless you learn the basics, you're just spinning your wheels. So, get out there, shoot photos, look at your settings, and post the photos that YOU shot and that you have questions about.

crycocyon

View attachment 49745i want to create photo like this which settings sould be prefered? and manual focus or auto focus?

When you say "like this" what elements in the photo do you wish to recreate? Shallow depth of field? Focusing only on foreground elements? As mentioned, shoot with a wider aperture so in aperture priority mode (A) and manually focus because the camera will tend to focus on dominant elements in the field whereas the grass may or may not be picked up on as an important element. We'll assume that is what you mean. So manual focus, A-mode with a wide aperture like f 2.8 or the widest aperture on your lens.