NEW IN PHOTO TOWN!! NEeD ASSISTANCE!

azee7

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A DSLR D3100 AND WANT LOT OF ASSISTANCE FROM YOU GUYS.
M SUFERING SOME ISSUES IN LOW LIGHT SCENARIO PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE SETTINGS EXCLUDING ISO SETTING TO ERADICATE MY ISSUE.
​ thanks WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

ohkphoto

Snow White
I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A DSLR D3100 AND WANT LOT OF ASSISTANCE FROM YOU GUYS.
M SUFERING SOME ISSUES IN LOW LIGHT SCENARIO PLEASE SUGGEST ME THE SETTINGS EXCLUDING ISO SETTING TO ERADICATE MY ISSUE.
​ thanks WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
1. Please tell us a little more about yourself and what you want to shoot and what mode you use.
2. You need to be more specific about what you consider "low light" . . . what results have you had? Post a photo with the exif data and we can give you more specific advice.
3. For those of us who have been on the internet since its "birth", writing in all caps is the equivalent of YELLING.

azee7

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
1. Please tell us a little more about yourself and what you want to shoot and what mode you use.
2. You need to be more specific about what you consider "low light" . . . what results have you had? Post a photo with the exif data and we can give you more specific advice.
3. For those of us who have been on the internet since its "birth", writing in all caps is the equivalent of YELLING.

I got your point. I am passionate about leading lines types and conceptual photography. the image i took was in low light picture was blurry and little bit grainy and i was taking photo in auto focus mode

ohkphoto

Snow White
I got your point. I am passionate about leading lines types and conceptual photography. the image i took was in low light picture was blurry and little bit grainy and i was taking photo in auto focus mode

Without seeing a sample photo or the exif data (f/stop, shutter speed, iso), the following are just educated guesses:
1. In auto, the camera is going to adjust the f-stop and shutter speed and iso to give you a "decent photo".
2. The fact that the pic is blurry usually means that the the shutter speed was too low to shoot handheld and/or stop any movement (if you didn't use flash.)
3. The graininess is usually high iso or lens/light/iso combo.

To shoot in low light without flash and depending on the subject, you need a pretty fast lens (min. f/2.8) and a tripod. If you're not sure or don't know about f-stop, etc., try this link for an abbreviated intro to the "exposure triangle" or a more detailed one here.

Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Some useful links
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/ans.../nikon-product-manuals-available-for-download
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72ppi (Pixels Per Inch)

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.

azee7

i also need some information on how to shoot silhouette type photos. i am very keen to learn that type of photography

ohkphoto

Snow White
i also need some information on how to shoot silhouette type photos. i am very keen to learn that type of photography

To shoot a silhouette, point your camera at the brighter background. The camera will adjust the settings to keep the background correctly exposed, and the foreground will be underexposed and you'll have a silhouetted foreground.

azee7

To shoot a silhouette, point your camera at the brighter background. The camera will adjust the settings to keep the background correctly exposed, and the foreground will be underexposed and you'll have a silhouetted foreground.
Which mode u will prefer me for silhouette> or it can be done in any mode ? auto mode will be feasible?

Ijustwant1

Welcome to Nikonites ! you have come to the right place , now buy the 50mm 1.8G and you will have lots of fun !! gee I love that lens :cool:

azee7

all-star-feet-photography-shoes-sneakers-Favim.com-129919_large.jpg which settings will b e sutiable for this kind of photo to shot

ohkphoto

Snow White
no its not mine I just want to ask whch settings of aperture nd shutter speed will be required for this kind of image for blurring of background.

This is a little different from your original question which had to do with low light photography, and that is fine to ask more than one question, and it helped that you posted a photo. What you are asking now has to do with "depth of field" and depends on the focal length of the lens you are using. While there are many of us who are willing to help, to give you an entire instruction course in photography is a little difficult through posts.

I gave you some links to help you with the exposure triangle, something that every photographer should be aware of. Did you use them and did they help? Google "depth of field" and you'll get several links for some good articles that explain this, some even on Youtube.

Have you read your camera manual? Whether you have or not, you might want to follow the advice in this article: What Now??? ( . . . or how to read your camera manual) | O. Helene Kobelnyk