First usage of Photomatix

AC016

This is the first time i have ever done an HDR image and the first time i have used Photomatix or any HDR software. As you will see, it is the trial version of Photomatix. I found it very easy to use and fast. I am sure there is more tweaks i could have done. I have Photoshop Elements, but i have to convert my NEF files to DNG first, then use them. Anyhow, i am happy with my first attempt. It's nice to see the trees and everything else in the foreground, exposed and not dark. The photo is made up of 5 brackets set at 1 for the exposure difference between them. It was slightly windy, so parts of the trees a blurred due to a slow shutter speed. This looks like fun :)

View attachment 41978

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
. This looks like fun :)

Warning: this can be addictive :cool: Good for you for venturing into new territory. Good job and you'll only get better at this, so you might as well just get the software so you don't have the watermark plastered all over the photo. ;)

RockyNH_RIP

Looking good! I use the basic version for only $39 and have found it does everything I need.

I agree with Rick that the cheaper basic is probably enough. For whatever reason (cannot remember now) I went ahead and got the whole Enchilada. A good friend of mine has the basic and constantly amazes me... He uses it alot!

Pat in NH

AC016

Thanks everyone. Yes, I am thinking that I could get addicted to it. It really amazed me with the finished product. I think now I am going to have to venture out at night to downtown and see what I can come up with. In regards to Photomatix, I think I will try it once with the Adobe software I have before spending any money. It would be nice if NX2 would do this sort of thing, lol. Anyhow, I will experiment a bit more because I really love the fact that the whole dynamic range comes out.