What do you carry your 7000 in?

Lscha

I have a Lowepro back pack that holds just about everything I have for photography....except my camera. I lug it to the car whenever I go somewhere. My camera has taken the position of my purse. It is always with me on my shoulder. You just never know when you need it. Even if I go to the store. My camera has never seen the inside of a case.

Krs_2007

I have a case logic back pack for everything and waiting on a lowepro messenger 160, which I think will be my go to bag.

Kevin,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Horoscope Fish

Well I have a 7100 but I'm going to assume that's close enough. For lugging everything I have I use this $35 dollar Amazon Basics Backpack camera bag. I've never understood why so many camera bags cost as much as they do; this backpack rocks at a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't be without it.

When I don't need to carry every last photo-related item I own, which is about 85% of the time I'm actively shooting, I stuff a Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home with the basic necessities. For me that means my 7100 with an 18-105mm attached, another lens (most likely a 35mm f/1.8) some extra memory, a spare battery and a Neutral Density filter. With that I'm off to the races.

RON_RIP

when carrying my D7000 in the car I have it in an insulated lunch bag. It has a stout handle and looks nothing like a camera case. Who's going to break into your car for a lunch box? I think it cost about $8.00. The rest of the gear goes in a regular camera case in the trunk.

Lee

I have a Tamrac Adventurer that holds quite a bit of kit, yet is deceptively compact. Truth be told though, if I'm out with my camera, most of the time it's in my hand with the neckstrap looped round my neck and the bag serves the purpose of holding anything else I think I might need while I'm out

RockyNH_RIP

Well I have a 7100 but I'm going to assume that's close enough. For lugging everything I have I use this $35 dollar Amazon Basics Backpack camera bag. I've never understood why so many camera bags cost as much as they do; this backpack rocks at a fraction of the cost. I wouldn't be without it.

When I don't need to carry every last photo-related item I own, which is about 85% of the time I'm actively shooting, I stuff a Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home with the basic necessities. For me that means my 7100 with an 18-105mm attached, another lens (most likely a 35mm f/1.8) some extra memory, a spare battery and a Neutral Density filter. With that I'm off to the races.

Hey Fish, I have the same Amazon bag! :)

Pat in NH

Last edited:

carguy

I first read about the Amazon backpack on this site. The more reviews I've read the more I hear its great for storing gear at home or in your studio. Good for very casual use. For much more, the straps & stiching gives way. Makes sense considering the price point.

Anyone using it very frequently?

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Horoscope Fish

I first read about the Amazon backpack on this site. The more reviews I've read the more I hear its great for storing gear at home or in your studio. Good for very casual use. For much more, the straps & stiching gives way. Makes sense considering the price point.
Mine has survived many trips to the deserts and back-country of Southern California and, while I don't go out of my way to abuse it, I don't treat my equipment like it's made from Ming-dynasty porcelain either and that cheap bag looks as good today as the day I bought it.

Personally speaking I have no trouble understanding why the Amazon bag sells for about $35; what I *do* have trouble understanding is why some bags sell for four of five times that amount. My Crumpler is half the size of the Amazon bag, but twice as expensive. I mean, seriously... At what point does price stop reflecting cost of materials and workmanship and start being pure marketing ploy?

Photo Joe

I have a few bags I use, depending on where I'm going and what I'm shooting. I have a over the shoulder nikon bag, a case logic sling bag, lowepro orion trekker backpack and a lowepro flipside 400 AW backpack. I use the smaller nikon bag for when I'm taking pictures for work; the sling bag when walking around doing street photography and hiking; lowepro orion trekker for when I'm hiking and the flipside backpack for when I want to take the majority of my gear with me for a shoot.

Epoc

Lowepro Computrekker, LowePro Slingshot 200, 6 Million Dollar home and Ocean Pack 5 with my own fabricated insert.

kamaccord

I use the Case Logic camera backpack in the link below.

Amazon.com: Case Logic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black): Camera & Photo