Nikon 40mm f/2.8G

Michael J.

Several month ago I tested my Nikon 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro.

After purchasing I tested it in the shopping-mall's underground carpark, Focus on the Angry Bird. No flash. Distance about 60 cm

40test.jpg

At home a 10 Baht coin - Distance about 0.19cm from the sensor

10baht.jpg

10baht1.jpg

A sticker on a Tour-bus side window. Distance about 30cms

cfc.jpg

All photos ooc. The auto focus is a bit slower then the AF from the 50mm 1.8G. But I think it is a great lens. I use it a lot.

MelodyTregear

I've just been blessed by my husband with an early birthday present... this macro lens and I can't wait to use it! Especially after reading all the positive feedback about it on this site!

I have had my 40MM Macro for a while now and it is a great lens. It is a sharp lens at all distances. You can see below what lenses I have and I use this lens as much as I use either on of the others. It is my favorite.

skene

I have one as well and it is just a great handy lens to keep in the bag. I enjoy it for macro shots and portrait work as well. It did however take a backseat to my 50mm since the weather got warmer.

Michael J.

I the middle of Bangkok in a Water-flowerpot. A Lotus-blossom withered and now we can see the seeds.

40mm
F 3.3
1/250
ISO 100

lotus.jpg

SkvLTD

That's a pretty neat prime. I probably would have considered it over my 35 1.8 had i not had my 50 2.0 and a desperate need for a wider frame.

Michael J.

Two more to show how great the lens is

Miniature figures

size high 8 cm - wide 2 cm

pisa.jpg

size high 2.5cm - wide 9 cm

dino3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: