A Little Something For The Newbies

fotojack

I think this might prove useful for some of you new camera owners out there. :)

Cheat Sheet.jpg

Cowboybillybob1

What this needs is a little narrative explaining what one step is in each category (ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture). This way you know by changing one category by 1 stop (to let in more light for example) we have to reduce a different category by one stop (less light) to keep the exposure the same.

One stop ISO: 50-100-200-400-800-1600-3200-6400
One stop aperture: 1- 1.4- 2- 2.8- 4- 5.6- 8- 11- 16- 22- 32- 45- 64

One Stop Shutter Speed: (in seconds): 30-15-8-4-2-1-1/2-1/4-1/8-1/15-1/30-1/60-1/125-1/250-1/500-1/1000-1/2000-1/4000-1/8000.

If you have any questions i am sure Jack will be happy to help.
Seriously ask your questions either I or someone else will join in.

SkvLTD

I think another useful thing for newbies would be a quick correlation guide. Maybe something like, similarly exposed picture via full aperture triangle showing what each aspect does visually and how they interact/compensate for one another. Heck, I might try to make something of the nature after some thinking and planning.

snaphappy

Thanx I'm really struggling with this. I only just figured out the light meter! Finally sunk in during last class that camera was telling me something I had just been using it to darken or lighten my shots. Everytime I think I got it I stumble (sigh) I copied your chart so I can keep rechecking until this becomes easier for me. I'm certain that if I read this in a couple of months I will be embarassed in a big way at my stupidity but something so simple as your chart may be what I need to get this triangle working for me. So Thanx Jack

Carroll

I think this might prove useful for some of you new camera owners out there. :)

Thank you, Jack, for posting this chart. Even though I have figured out these five elements of photography, somehow it makes even more sense seeing them on a chart. It printed out great.

Moab Man

two/three months ago this would have been great for me

Yeah Jack! What took you so long.

Thank you for that excellent graphic. Printing this off now to add to my wife's bag and one for myself for the next time I'm trying to explain this.:encouragement: